Chapter 5

I walked out of my flat going to the 221b.
I knocked at the door and Sherlock came to open it.
-Hey y/n. Ready?- he asked, fixing his curly hair.
-Yeah. Is John ready?- I asked.
-Yes. I'm here.- he said, appearing behind my brother. 
-It's time. Mike told me that he was sending us a car.- I said, going down the stairs. 
-Oh my goodness. y/n, my dear. You look absolutely stunning.- Mrs Hudson said coming to me, smiling.
-Thank you, Mrs Hudson.- I smiled back.
-Have you a date, my dear?- she asked dreamily. 
-Oh, no Mrs Hudson. My brother Mycroft hosts a party and and invited us.- 
-Let me give you an advice, my dear. Try to find a rich man.- she winked at me. 
-I don't think I can, Mrs Hudson.- I giggled a little -My brothers won't let me, y'know how they are.-
-When I was your age, me and my husband...- she started.
-Not now, Mrs Hudson, or we will be late.- Sherlock said, passing me and the woman.
-I'm very sorry, Mrs Hudson. We'll come back very late, don't wait for us.- I waved at her, while we left the building. 
I saw a black car waiting for us.
Sherlock opened the car door, for letting me in, and I thanked him.
-Miss Holmes, Mr Holmes, Dr Watson.- Anthea greeted us, not moving her gaze from her phone.
-Miss Anthea.- I said, arranging my dress.
We arrived in front of a fancy building.
Sherlock and John got out of the car and Sherlock gave me his arm to help me get out.
We walked up the stairs and Mycroft came to us.
-I see you arrived on time.- he said, looking at his watch.
-Looks like we did, brother dear.- I smiled, looking at his suit.
Perfect as always. 
A thing I really hated when I was younger was Mycroft perfection in everything he did.
-Sherlock. John.- he greeted them with a little nod of his head -Seems like you like the dress.- 
-Yes, it's truly wonderful. I love it, thank you.- I said, spinning around.
-Let's go inside. I have clients to talk to.- he said, leaning the way.
The hall was decorated in a very elegant way.
Soft music filled my ears as I stepped in.
There were violinists, pianists, flautists and also a harpist, playing their instruments. 
All of the people were dressed in a very elegant way, in dresses and suits.
Some of them were talking about serious topics or laughing, others were drinking from glass goblets enjoying the calm atmosphere, still others were dancing, transported by the soft music that played in the background. 
A waiter with a tray, full of glasses, stopped next to me, I took one, looking around the hall.
-Here is beautiful, isn't it?- I asked the two men -Guys...guys?- I turned back and I didn't see them.
I started moving around the hall, trying to find them. 
After twenty minutes of research I gave up and went to the nearest balcony.
I leaned my hand on the railing.
The fresh air hit my face and my bare arms, making me shiver a bit.
The sky was clear, not even a cloud, the moon was full and the stars were visible.
-What is a beautiful lady like you doing alone here?- a male voice with an Irish accent said, making me turn around. 
It was a tall man, with dark hair pulled back and a dark blue suit.
He walked to me, with his hands in his pockets.
-I...uhm...- I stammered, blushing.
-Are you lost, miss?- he asked, looking at me head to toe. 
Only at that moment did I notice his dark and deep eyes.
-I...I was here with my brothers and a friend, but I lost them.- I said, trying to not blush and look directly at him.
-If you want I can stay with you until you find them.- he proposed.
-You don't have to. I'll be fine.- 
-I insist. I don't want to leave a pretty girl like you alone.- he said and I blushed even more -Can I know the name of this lonely lady?- he asked, making a half bow and taking my hand kissing it.
-I'm...I'm y/n.- I answered, feeling my heart beating faster -And you're...?-
-Oh, where are my manners? Forgive me. I'm James.- he introduced himself -Can I ask you a dance? I love this music.- he held out his hand to me and my heart started beating faster.
"Ok, y/n calm down. A handsome and polite gentleman asked you to dance. It's not a thing that happens everyday. You probably are not gonna see him ever again." I thought. 
-Why not?- I nodded, taking his hand.
We walked in the hall and went to the center of the room. 
He was standing in front of me in all his glory.
"He looks like a king."
He put one hand on my hip and with the other was holding my hand, while I had mine on his shoulder.
The music started and we started moving around.
We were incredibly close and I could feel his warm breath on my face.
His grip was soft and gentle, but at the same time sure and firm.
-You are graceful as a dove.- he murmured in my ear, making my cheeks burn.
-Thank...thank you...but I'm...I'm not that good.- I stammered, looking away.
-Why do you say so? I think you are. You're a beautiful lady.- he said, while he spun me around -And I mean it.- he music finished and we bowed at each other -I really have to go now.- he said checking his phone -I hope you find your brothers and friend. I had a nice time.- he said.
-Me too.- I smiled. 
-Maybe we'll see each other someday. You never know what the future holds.- he took my hand, kissed it then I watched him disappear in the crowd. 
-y/n. Here you are.- I heard John's voice.
-Oh, hey guys.- I smiled.
Sherlock looked at me, then he took my wrist. 
-Blush. Dilated pupils. Rapid heartbeat. You were with a guy, weren't you?- he asked. 
-Yeah. But nothing happened. I had lost you, he kept me company and we danced. Nothing more.- I said.
-I can see. The gloss is still on your lips.- Mycroft said.
-I hate when you analyse me.- I said, sighing.
-Did you get his number?- John asked. 
-No, just his name. James.- I said, thinking about his eyes.