Chapter 28

-Noah is not Sebastian's son...it's...it's yours.- I said, looking down.
-Wha...what?- he asked as his eyes widened in shock -What you mean is my son?- he was truly shocked -You're...you're not with Sebastian?- he asked.
-No, of course I'm not with him.- I said, looking at him -Did you really thought I was with him? That's why you were ignoring me? Cause you thought that me and Sebastian were together?- I asked, shocked.
-Yeah...- he nodded, looking away.
-Jim...he's like a brother to me. And I never stopped loving you.- I said, stroking his cheek -I...I still do.-
-So you...you have been waiting for me?- he asked.
-Yeah. For two fucking years.- I nodded, smiling.
He cupped my face with his hands and kissed me roughly and passionately.
After two years of waiting I felt the warmness of his lips against mine.
I had almost forgotten that beautiful feeling.
I brought my arms around his neck as he brought his on my waist, while our lips moved in a perfectly sync together.
I could feel butterflies in my stomach as he held me close.
When we broke the kiss, I hugged him.
-I missed you, my dear.- he said, stroking my hair.
-I missed you too.- I smiled, stroking his cheek.
Suddenly I remembered what had happened to Noah and a tear came out.
-We should go now. Let's go and find our son.- he said to me, taking my hand in his.
-Our?- I asked, surprised that he had accepted Noah immediately as his.
-Yes, our.- he said -If you still want me to be his dad, of course.- he said.
-Yeah, of course I want you to.- I smiled as we sat in the car.
On our way I had called Sebastian for telling him the situation, and he told us that he would have tried to be there as soon as possible.
We reached Baker Street and a police car was there.
I immediately ran to Greg.
-Hey y/n.- he said -Moriarty.-
-Inspector Lestrade.- he said, giving him a little nod of his head.
-What did you find?- I asked.
-See it for yourself.- he said, leaning the way.
We walked in my flat and I saw that Sherlock, John, Mycroft and Mrs Hudson were already there.
-Nothing moved or stolen. The kidnapper just took Noah.- Sherlock said.
-I found this.- Donovan said, handing a letter to Greg, who handed it to me.
-Please, read it.- he said to me.
With trembling hands I opened the letter and started to read it.

"Hey y/n.
I didn't want to arrive at this but I had to.
I don't want to hurt you, but I have to so I can hurt Moriarty.
I own him.
Your cutie pie Noah will be fine.
So don't worry.
For now, at least.
Now you're probably thinking "what can I give him to have my son back?"
Well well...
I want Moriarty dead.
But this time for real.
For the time and the place of our meeting I'll contact you."

As I read the letter I bursted into tears.
"Why can't I have five minutes of calm?" I thought as Mrs Hudson hugged me "Why does my life have to be like this?"
-They will find him and take him home safe and sound.- he reassured me, stroking my back.
-Who could do such a horrible thing?- Mycroft asked.
-I don't know but when I'll find him I will skin him.- I said.
-No, dear. I will go and stop. I won't put you and him in danger. Not anymore.- Jim said.
-Don't even think about it. I just found you.- I said, between sobs.
-You don't have anything to do with this. I'm trying to protect you and him, so please, let me do this.- he said.
-No, no. Hell no. Not now that I found you.- I shock my head crying.
-We'll find a way, Moriarty. Don't worry.- Sherlock said.
-How are you so sure about it?- he asked.
-I don't know.- he simply said, looking away.
-Okay, okay. Let her rest, it's been a long day for her and it's not even twelve o'clock.- John said.
-For anything just call me.- Mycroft said.
-The same works for us.- John and Sherlock said.
-If we found something I will immediately let you know, alright?- Greg asked.
I simply nodded, sitting on the couch.
They all left my flat, but not Jim.
He started to walk around, looking at my flat.
-Is this him? Is this Noah?- he asked, picking one of the framed photos.
-Mhmh, yeah. That day he had said "mama" for the first time.- I said feeling a knot in my throat.
-He has your smile.- he said, looking at me.
-Yeah, but he has your eyes. The same deep brown as you.- I said, standing up and taking a glass of water -Want some?- I asked him.
-No, thanks.- he said, sitting on the couch and pointing the spot next to him -Why don't you come here?- he asked me.
I sat next to him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, making me rest my head on his shoulder.
-Jim...I'm scared.- I admitted, feeling my eyes tearing up.
-I know...I am too.- he squeezed my hand.
A few hours passed and someone knocked at the door.
-Jim, can you please go and open the door?- I asked him, from another room.
-Sure thing, dear.- he said.
A moment later I joined him in the room.
-Who was at the door?- I asked him.
-No-one was there. Just this little package.- he said.
-Call everyone here.- I said -Right now.-
They arrived and surprisingly also Sebastian was with them.
After taking a deep breath, I opened the package.
When I saw the content my heart skipped a beat.
-What's that?- Jim asked.
-It's Noah's favourite peluche. He never leaves it.- Sebastian said, as I picked the black cat plushie.
-Sherlock...can you notice something?- I asked, handing it to him.
-Let me see.- he said, taking it.
After a few seconds of thinking he smiled at himself.
-Found something, Sherlock?- Greg asked him.
-Yes. See this type of dirt? You can only find it at twenty kilometres from here. Direction sud-east.- he said.
-You heard him. Let's go.- I said, picking the gun John gave me.