Chapter 20

A couple of months passed and lately Sherlock and Jim were a little strange and every time I tried to talk to them about this, they changed topic. 
One morning I was walking around with John, because Sherlock, Mycroft and Jim were talking about something important, so they asked us to leave.
-What's something so important that we can't hear?- I asked, annoyed, sitting on a bench. 
-I don't know. This is pretty unusual. Sherlock normally don't hide anything from me.- he said -Unless it's very, very dangerous.- 
-The same works for Jim. I'm starting to get mad. They can't do this.- I said growling. 
-What about we go to Speedy and take something to eat?- John said. 
-Yes, please. I'm pretty hungry.- I said, standing up.
-Lately you're always hungry.- he said, rolling his eyes and laughing. 
-It's not my fault. My period should arrive these days.- I shrugged. 
-Alright, alright. I'm no-one to judge you.- he said, raising his hands in surrender. 
While we were walking, we saw a little crowd.
All of them were looking at the top of the building. 
-What's wrong up there?- I asked, looking up.
-Is...is that...Sherlock? And Moriarty is there too?- he asked, surprised and worried. 
-What the fuck are they doing up there?- I asked, anxiously. 
-I don't know...let me call Sherlock.- he said, taking his phone. 
While he was tapping the screen, looking for Sherlock's number, we heard a shot, and we saw Jim's body falling down, right to Sherlock's feet. 
-What...what was that?- I asked, shocked, while the crowd murmured. 
My heart started beating faster.
"He didn't shoot himself. He can't have shot himself" I thought, as I started to lose lucidity. 
I could hear John talking to Sherlock on the phone, but I couldn't understand his words.
It was like my mind had frozen in time the moment I heard the gunshot. 
Then I saw Sherlock jumping off the building.
Me and John immediately ran to him, but someone bumped into us, making us fall to the ground.
As I opened my eyes I heard an ambulance.
When I approached the crowd, it moved, so John and I walked through it pretty easily.
Only then I saw Sherlock's body.
He was lifeless and covered in blood.
His icy eyes were opened.
-Oh...my...god...- John whispered, checking his wrist, hoping to feel some pulsation. 
He looked at me, then he shook his head, as I bursted in tears falling on my knees.
Seeing a person so important to me lifeless broke my heart.
I could physically feel the pain and I didn't know it was possible. 
John hugged me and helped me to stand up, letting the doctors take his body away. 
Some agents brought me a blanket, because in their opinion "I was in shock."
I quickly called Sebastian, telling him, between sobs, to come immediately, he accepted, confused and worried. 
Greg walked to us, while I was still crying, with my face covered by my hands. 
-Hey y/n...- he said, hugging me, as I sobbed loudly -It's okay, it's okay. Don't worry.- he said softly, stroking my back. 
When we broke the hug I saw Sebastian walking to us.
-Seb...- I sniffed, hugging him tightly, hiding my face in his shirt. 
-What happened? I just saw the news and I read Sherlock jumped off the building. Where's Boss?- he asked, stroking my back, while John went to call Mycroft. 
-He...he...he was up there too. I saw...I saw him...then I heard a shot...and he fell to...to the ground...- I tried to explain, but the sobs wouldn't stop.
At that moment some people left the building with a stretcher covered by a white sheet.
-Is...is that...Jim?- he asked, trying to be strong and not to cry, as my hand flew to my mouth.
Greg just nodded. 
-Can I...can I see him? Please.- I begged him. 
-I don't know, y/n. It wouldn't be good for you...- he said, looking pretty sorry for me. 
-He's right, y/n.- Seb said -He would like you to remember him as the man who loved you, not as...a dead body...- I could see that he was about to cry, but he was trying to be strong. 
I started to cry again, then John and Mycroft arrived. 
-Mycroft...- I whispered with a broken voice. 
-I know, I know...- he hugged me, as I cried even more -I already called mum and dad. You and John should go and get some rest.- he advised us -I'll sort things out for the funeral.- 
-Yeah...yeah, we should.- John said, sighing as I stood up -And thank you.-
-Be careful on your way. There are many journalists who want to know what happened.- Greg said.
-Let's go in the car. I'll give you a ride.- Mycroft said, patting my shoulder. 
While we were walking to the car, suddenly we were surrounded by journalists and photographers. 
-Miss Holmes, Mr Holmes, Dr Watson, what happened to Sherlock Holmes and Jim Moriarty?- a man asked.
-They're really dead?- another man screamed. 
-Is it true that Moriarty shot himself in the head?- a woman asked, holding a microphone. 
-And Sherlock Holmes jumped off the building?- a man concluded.
-I lost my best friend! Mycroft lost his brother! y/n lost her brother and her boyfriend! Could you be a little more human and avoid ask us such a stupid question?! Is it too much to ask? Are you even human beings?- John answered, angrily -Let's go, y/n, Mycroft.- he said, putting an arm around my shoulders, as a human shield for the paparazzi. 
As we arrived in Baker Street and knocked at the door, Mrs Hudson opened us.
She looked at us with reddish and puffy eyes. 
I just nodded and she hugged me. 
-I'm going to make some tea...- she said as me and John walked to his flat. 
-I can't stay here anymore...- John whispered under his breath, I barely heard him. 
I looked around, as some memories came to my mind since I arrived here.  
Like the first time I saw Sherlock in years and I met John, when Jim sent me the package and the mystery call, and some others. 
I couldn't believe that I would never see Sherlock and Jim again. 
I sat on his chair and John on his. 
-I know it's a dumb question but...how are you?- I asked him. 
-I...I can't believe they're gone.- he simply said, wiping his eyes. 
-Me neither...- I whispered, looking at the ring that Jim had given me. 
-I guess...I had to find another place.- John said after a few minutes of silence, while we were drinking some tea.
-Mh?- I asked, confused, rubbing my temples with my fingers because of the headache, given by the cry. 
-I can't live here anymore...- he said sadly, looking around.
I could understand why. 
-Yeah...I guess I'll stay here, in 221c, I can't go back to the Manor and I don't want to leave Mrs Hudson alone.- I said, feeling my eyes heavy. 
I cuddled up in a comfortable position on the armchair and I fell asleep, hoping it was all a bad dream.