Chapter 10

A few days passed and Moriarty didn't stop sending me presents. 
This time he had sent me a silver necklace with a pendant with a red heart-shaped gemstone, which I think was a ruby. 
After our meeting I didn't even put on his coat anymore. 
I heard a knock at the door and I growled and I covered myself with the sheets.
The knock continued and it seems like it didn't want to stop.
-Ok, ok, I'm coming.- I said standing up and walking to the door, opening it.
-Morning y/n/n.- Mycroft said, handing me a little bag.
-Morning Mike.- I said, rubbing my eyes.
-I brought you and the others breakfast. I hope I remember your taste.- he said. 
-If it's something with chocolate, you do. If it's not, you don't.- I smiled -But thank you.- I said sitting on Sherlock's chair.
-Before you ask, the other two went to a crime scene.- he explained -And I'm here to check on you. So, are you...ok?- he asked.
He has always been awkward when he has to interface with other people's feelings. 
-You don't have to do this, Mycroft.- I said, swallowing what he had brought me.
-But I want to.- he said, and I immediately thought of James, or rather Jim.
-I know, Mike, and I really appreciate it. But yeah, I'm okay, I think. I just thought I had found someone, but it turns out that he's a psychopath and threatens my brothers.- I sighed -I guess I have bad taste in men.- I shrugged, trying to smile, to make the situation less sad.
-I guess you do. Remember Robert? He had another girlfriend.- he said -I hated him.- he said.
-You and Sherlock hated everyone.- I said, laughing a little.
-Which one is the one I threatened? It was Benedict, wasn't it?- he asked, sitting on the chair in front of me.
-Yeah, because in your opinion he was weird.- I said.
-He was dating you for a dare. You should thank me.- he said, in a fake offended tone.
-Whatever you say, Alexander.- I said, trying to not laugh as he checked his phone. 
-I really have to go now, though. Anthea texted me and I have work to do.- he said, standing up. 
-Oh, alright then.- I said, smiling sadly.
-I guess I can come to check on you more often, sister dear.- he said smiling.
-Yeah. Alright. I'll see you, bye Mike.- I said.
-Bye y/n/n.- he said walking out of the flat. 
After he went away I decided to watch some trash TV with our landlady. 
We watched for a couple of hours, then Sherlock came back.
-Hey Sherl. Where's John?- I asked him.
-Hey y/n. He isn't here?- he asked surprised. 
-No, he isn't. Mycroft told me you were at a crime scene.- I told him.
-We were, but after we finished we split up, I had to go to see something at the St. Bartholomew's Hospital because Molly called me, he told me he was coming back here.- he explained 
-But he isn't here.- I said -When did you two split up?- 
-About...one hours and a half ago.- he said checking his watch. 
At that moment my and Sherlock's phone rang.

XXX-XXX-XXX 
Hello my dear y/n.
Your friend John is with me right now.
If you want him to be free and safe you should come here and take his place.
You have time to decide until midnight.
With love
J.M.

-What...?- I whispered, reading the text.
-He can't be serious!- Sherlock screamed, putting his phone on the table, taking his gun and shooting the wall.
I took his phone and read the message. 

XXX-XXX-XXX 
Hello Sherlock. 
Your friend John is with me right now.
If you want him to be free and safe you should let your sister come here and take his place.
She has time to decide until midnight. 
J.M.

I took a deep breath and sat down. 
-Sherlock...- I whispered, as he was walking around the flat, trying to find some nicotine patches -Sherlock.- I called him again.
-Shut up! I'm trying to think.- he shouted and I flinched, not used to seeing him like this -Sorry...I didn't mean to shout at you, but I'm trying to find a solution. Because I'm not gonna leave John there and I'm not going to let you go there.- he said. 
-Sherlock, this is my choice. Moriarty wants me. John has nothing to do with this situation. So Sherlock, I have to go.- I told him.
-He already took John, I'm not letting you too. You don't know if he's bluffing.- he said, running a hand on his face. 
-I have to try. We have to try. I'm sure you'll find a way to rescue me.- I said.
-There's no way I'm letting you go there. You aren't going. End of discussion.- he said, seriously. 
-Ok, you're right. Sorry. I'm just worried for John.- I said.
-It's okay. We'll find a way.- he said, giving me a half smile. 
-I'm going to rest. I'll see you tomorrow.- I said.
-Alright, bye.- he said and after that I went to my flat. 
I closed the door and sighed heavily.
-I'm very sorry Sherl, but it's my choice.- I whispered, taking my phone.

XXX-XXX-XXX 

I made my choice.
I'll come.

Good, very good, my dear.
J.M.
A car will come to pick you up when your brother falls asleep.
J.M.

So at what time?

About midnight, I think, but if he doesn't I will text you.
J.M.

Assure me one thing.
Assure me that if I come you'll free John.

I'm a man of my word, I always keep my promises. 
You can trust me, dear.
J.M.

Should I bring something?

Nope, not a thing, dear.
J.M.

Nothing at all?
Seriously?

Everything you could ever need is already here, my dear.
J.M.
I'll see you later, bye for now, dear.
J.M. 

Bye.

I waited for Moriarty's text, at midnight a car showed up and it stopped in front of the building. 
I silently walked out and sat in the car.