Chapter 22

After a couple of days I had decided to keep the baby, because I thought that he or she could help me get through this awful period. 
I had told about my pregnancy to Mrs Hudson, Molly, Greg, Sebastian and my parents, so the most important people to me.
They were all so kind to me, they often called me just to make sure I was okay, especially in the third trimester, when every moment was a good moment to give birth. 
I often had nausea and it was a horrible sensation, but luckily just the first trimester. 
In the middle of my pregnancy I found out I was expecting a baby boy. 
I couldn't be more happy about it. 
During those nine months John has also founded a partner, Mary.
She was a blonde girl, with a sweet smile and a friendly character, and she seemed to me the perfect girl for him. 
She knew all the story between John and Sherlock, because he had told her a lot. 
The nine months passed and, after hours of pain, Anthony Noah was born. 
When the nurse gave me the little baby in my arms all the pain I was feeling it was like it magically went away. 
I had read something about pregnancy but I couldn't understand how it was possible. 
That afternoon some of them came to see me and him at the hospital, but not mum and dad because they didn't feel too well for a journey. 
-Hey, how's the new mum?- Mary asked me, coming in smiling, followed by John who was bringing some flowers. 
-I'm tired but happy...Noah has his eyes.- I smiled sadly, looking at the small creature next to me, in the cradle, who was now sleeping peacefully. 
-He's so cute. You did a great job, y/n.- John said, patting my shoulder. 
-Thanks. Did you see Mycroft or Sebastian?- I asked them.
-Yeah, we took the elevator and it was full, so they took the stairs.- he explained. 
At that moment the two men walked in.
-Good morning, sister dear.- Mycroft smiled at me. 
-Hey there, y/n/n. Is that Noah? He is so small and cute.- Sebastian said, looking at him. 
-Yeah, it's him. What do you think, Mike?- I asked, bringing my gaze on my brother. 
-He looks...very...fully functioning.- he said awkwardly.
He wasn't used to talking about kids.
-Is it the best you can do?- I asked, trying not to laugh. 
-I'm sorry...I've never been good with them.- he shrugged a little.
-Babies?- John asked him.
-Humans.- Mycroft replied, as I laughed.
-It's okay, don't worry. It's nice to have you here.- I smiled at them. 
-And for us it's nice to have you and Noah too.- Mary smiled. 
-If I can ask, why do you call him by his second name if his full name is Anthony Noah?- Sebastian asked, looking at the paper, where it was written Noah's full name. 
-Well let's just say that Sherlock and Mycroft are their second names too. The first are William and Alexander, I wanted to honor this tradition.- I smiled, looking at the baby. 
-Alexander Mycroft Holmes?- John asked. 
-Alexander Mycroft Chad Holmes, to be precise.- I smiled, seeing Mycroft's expression and hearing his growl. 
He hated his full name. 
-You're the only one in our family who likes her first name, y/n/n.- he said, sitting on a chair. 
-y/n y/m/n is better than Alexander Mycroft Chad.- I shrugged, smirking at him. 
-It's definitely better than John Hamish.- the woman laughed a little. 
-Mary!- he complained, rolling his eyes. 
-Sorry, dear, I'm sorry.- she giggled a little, stroking her boyfriend's hand. 
I looked away, feeling my eyes tearing up at the memories of me and Jim cuddling together. 
I was still not over his death.
-We should let her rest now.- Sebastian said, noticing that my mood had changed. 
-You're right but I don't want to leave her alone.- Mary said, looking at me and the baby. 
-I'll stay with her, if she wants me to, of course.- Sebastian proposed, giving me a soft smile. 
-Yeah, it's fine by me.- I smiled back at him. 
-Alright then, we'll let you rest, sister dear.- Mycroft said, ruffling my hair. 
-We'll see you tomorrow, y/n. For anything just call us, at anytime.- 
-Thanks John. I really appreciate it.-
They greeted me, the baby and Sebastian, then got out. 
-Are you okay?- he asked me, sitting on the bed next to me.
I just nodded as the baby started to cry so I picked him up.
-Shh, shh, it's okay. Mama is here.- I rocked him in my arms softly, humming a lullaby, until he stopped crying. 
Then I laid him down, in the cradle, covering him with the sheets. 
-You'll be a great mother.- he whispered. 
-I really hope so...I don't know how to be a mother.- I whispered back -Do you...do you think I made the right choice keeping him?- I asked, looking at the baby -I don't regret my decision and I love him, I really do...it's just that...I'm...I'm scared, Seb.- I admitted, taking a deep breath. 
-I can't decide what's right or wrong. I guess we'll know with the time. What I know though is that you will be an amazing mother, although you'll do something wrong sometimes, it will be okay, because you'll be trying to be the best mom you can be. And this is the most important thing, in my opinion.- he smiled. 
-Thank you, Seb.- I said, feeling a knot in my throat, hugging him.
-I am and always will be by your side.- he said, stroking my back.
Later that day Mrs Hudson, Greg and Molly came too to see me and the baby. 
I noticed that Molly was hiding something, but I couldn't understand what, so after some time I just gave up.