Chapter 29

We immediately got in the cars and reached the place Sherlock had told us.
My heart was racing in my chest and my breath was heavy. 
"Everything is going to be just fine. We'll save him." I told myself, tightening the grip on the gun. 
Jim put his hand on my thigh, stroking it softly. 
-Don't worry.- he smiled.
I simply nodded, putting my hand over his. 
-So Boss, what was the problem?- Sebastian asked him.
-I'm not your boss anymore, call me just Jim.- he said -And well...-
-He thought me and you were together and that Noah was your son, that's why he was ignoring me.- I said a little amused. 
-Wait...you what? Hell no. She's like a sister to me, I thought you had understood it.- Seb said, made a disgusted face. 
-I know, I know, it's just that two years passed, I didn't know how things were. The day you came to talk to me, after you went back to Baker Street I followed you and...you three seemed like a perfect little family and I just want you happy...even if it's with someone else but for me the important thing is that you're safe.- he said. 
-I'm happy when I'm with you Jim and...- I was talking when Seb interrupted me.
-I'm sorry but we arrived.- he said, stopping the car, next to an abandoned building. 
The police car stopped next to us. 
-So what's the plan?- John asked.
-We go inside and save Noah. We have the surprise effect, they are not expecting us.- Seb said. 
-Shouldn't we have a proper plan? We don't know how many they are.- I said, gulping, feeling my heart beating in my throat. 
-Alright then. Me and John will walk in from the principal door, Mycroft and Sebastian with us, while y/n and Moriarty stay back for now. Because we know you two are the targets.- he told me and Jim. 
-Alright, alright. Now don't make any sound.- Sebastian said, loading the gun. 
I loaded the gun and watched the four men walk in, breaking down the door. 
Jim squeezed my hand and smiled at me, reassuring me.
-I can't wait. I have to go in.- I said to him. 
-But...- he said, stopping me. 
-No but. My son is there. And I'm here, doing nothing to save him!- I said, raising my voice a little. 
-Ok, let's go in. But you're staying behind me.- he said as I nodded. 
He walked in, followed by me. 
My gun was raised and ready to shoot. 
Looking around in a suspicious way, I scanned the inside of the building. 
When the other four men saw us, they shook their heads and whispered to us to come back outside. 
When we didn't do as they said, they protested. 
-Young lady, go back. Now.- Mycroft yelled silently. 
-Moriarty. y/n. Outside.- Sherlock hissed. 
I was about to reply to him when I heard a child's noises.
-That's Noah. That's him.- I said, trying not to scream. 
-This way, let's go.- Sebastian, he led the way. 
We all walked behind him.
Our breaths were irregular and our hearts were racing. 
The more we walked the more I heard Noah's voice.
I could hear his giggles and I had to fight the urge of running to him. 
Jim squeezed my hand to keep me from doing something reckless. 
-Mama? Where mama?- he asked. 
-Oh sweetheart, she'll be here soon, don't worry.- a masculine voice said. 
When that voice spoke, Sebastian immediately looked at me, as I froze in place.
My mind was running. 
-It's...him?- he asked me. 
-What is he talking about, y/n?- Jim asked me, but I didn't answered him -Seb, what are you talking about?- 
-Just that that voice sounded like Thomas. Her ex boyfriend.- he replied. 
-Was he the one I didn't like?- Sherlock asked me. 
-Thomas? Is he tall, brown curly hair, blue eyes?- Jim asked. 
-Yeah. How do you know him?- I asked, surprised. 
-Shit. That's...that's bad. Fucking hell.- Jim cursed under his breath. 
-Why?- I asked, frowning. 
-He's...he's one of the worst people that wants me dead, y/n. I've been trying to bring him down for these two years.-
-It's been a couple months since he arrived here. I didn't...I didn't think he wanted you...dead. I...I thought he was just being nice to me.- I felt a knot in my throat -I've been knowing him for almost seven years...or that's what I thought.- 
-Well he wasn't. I had told you, y/n.- Seb said to me. 
-Not now, Moran.- Jim scolded him. 
-Sorry, sorry.- he said -Now let's go and take Noah.- 
Our heads peeked from our hiding spot. 
-He's alone. We can go now.- John said, as we nodded. 
John and Sebastian were in front of me, while Jim next to me and Mycroft and Sherlock behind. 
When Noah saw me, he smiled, immediately I put my finger on my lips shaking my head, hoping that he wouldn't have made a sound. 
He just smiled, looking at me and Sebastian. 
-Good boy.- Seb whispered to him. 
When we noticed that Thomas had gone, we approached Noah. 
-Oh my god. Noah...sweetie.- I hugged him with tears in my eyes as the other men made sure no one was around. 
-Mama, mama.- he hummed, pulling my hair a little. 
-Now, let's go. Quickly.- Seb said -Give him to me so you can ran.- I nodded, giving him the baby. 
We were walking out when a voice spoke. 
-Well, well, well...look what we've got here...the Holmes family, Doctor Watson, Sebastian Moran and Jim Moriarty. What a beautiful surprise.-  
-Let them go. They didn't do anything.- Jim said, making a step forward. 
-If you're staying, I'm staying.- I said, taking place next to him -Why are you doing this, Thomas? You were such a nice guy.-
-I've always been like this. But you didn't notice. Or if you did, you ignored it. You're an Holmes. You like the danger. Like the doctor here.- he said, pointing to John. 
-What do you mean?- I asked, confused. 
-Just forget it. It doesn't matter! Now I'll just kill him.- he said, aiming the gun at Jim. 
He pulled the trigger twice in a row but I jumped in front of him. 
-NO!- I heard him screaming, while a terrible pain spread in my torso. 
I fell on the ground, growling in pain as another bullet hit Thomas's head, making him fall to the ground too, lifeless. 
Jim knelt next to me as Sherlock immediately ran to us. 
I panted, bringing my hand on the wounds. 
-Hey, hey. Look at me. You're okay.- Jim said, making me rest my head on his lap. 
-Mama?- I heard Noah's voice trembling. 
-Mama's fine, buddy. Don't worry.- Sebastian replied to him. 
-John, come here. NOW!- Sherlock yelled, lifting my shirt a little to check the wounds. 
-It...it hurt.- I cried out -I feel...so tired...-
-No y/n. Keep your eyes on me. Don't close them.- John said. 
-I can't lose you...not now that I found you...- Jim said as one if his tears fell on my cheek -I...I love you...- 
-I'm...I'm sorry Jim...- I smiled weakly at him, before closing my eyes.