04

"𝓘 𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓲𝓽𝓽𝔂."

───── ❝ 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 ❞ ─────

𝙺𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅.

"So, let me get this straight. You travel to the future got stuck become a hitman then travel back 10 days before the apocalypse to save your family but fail and leave my body behind not to mention dead then travel again and now all of your family is here missing with an apocalypse." I uttered as I was seated on the chair in front of him.

I turned away from him looking outside of my window, uncomfortable by the sudden information of my future. I flinch when I feel his hand on my shoulder full of regrets and pain.

"I'm sorry Katherine⸺"

"It's Katie. I'm not Katherine, I'm. Not. Your. Katherine."

"Right. Katie..."

He wrapped his arms around my shoulders for a hug holding tight as I paid him no mind.

He just needed me because I remind him of that Katherine.

"Katherine, please talk to me..." He whispered his voice breaking.

This dumb name again.

I can feel the anger in me and disgust. I slap his arms around me making him stunned, clenching my jaw and I'm sure I have a pissed-off look right now.

"How many times do I have to mention I'm not her!!! And I would never be her!!!" I exclaimed on top of my lungs standing up, he look queasy biting his lip in guilt. "You know what I was gonna help you. Hell, I did believe in you, kitty, but calling me the name of your ex even though I told you my name, gosh I can't anymore."

"Katie..."

"Oh, now I'm Katie, wow, what a U-turn." I scoff looking above as my body tense with anger.

"Katie⸺"

"⸺so all of that bumping into me... Was that planned?" He narrowed his eyes on me confused. "Just because I looked like your dead girlfriend that doesn't mean we have the same fucking personality." He stumbles back at how furious I was.

I had enough.

"Are you what? Going to be my friend, ask me to help you to stop an apocalypse then what? You're just going to use me until you got everything then leave, am right aren't I?" I snarled at him pointing my index finger at him.

"Katie please just let me⸺"

"⸺Let you what? Talk? Or pretend that I'm your dead girlfriend and use me to make yourself feel less guilty? What is she again? Kind? Beautiful? Precious? An angel? Bullshit. No one and I means no one in this world is perfect or any of that. In this world, anything we do has hidden meanings, what hers? No comment? Guess am right. Ding ding ding, Katie Hargreeves has won once again. How ecstatic."

"No... That's not⸺ I..."

"You know what don't talk to me until you remember my name. It's not Katherine, It's Katie. Katie Hargreeves. Let's go, let's get your brother who is in the asylum, ever wonder if they got the wrong one? You know maybe someone standing in front of me." I laughed darkly leaving him behind as I get out of my apartment to help him.

I could hear him shout some curses but I could care less. He deserves it.