14

"𝓜𝔂 𝓫𝓲𝓰𝓰𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓫𝓵𝓮𝓶 𝓲𝓼 𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓮."

───── ❝ 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 ❞ ─────

𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅.

Diego, the crazy lady or Lila if I'm kind enough to acknowledge it and I, arrived at Elliot's apartment. Unlike the first time, we entered the front entrance, climbing the stairs the led to his living room.

As we got to the top we are welcomed by Elliot holding a gun on our way.

"Where did you get the film? 'The Frankel Footage.' The truth this time." He raised his voice, coming closer his trigger finger not leaving the gun. Diego and I look at him bored but Lila seems to be tense, scared even.

"Why did you lie to me Five?"

Katie.

Now is not the right time for her to be in my mind. She's just Katherine's look alike but they're nothing alike. She's not my Katherine.

I feel a pang on my chest when I thought of that but I shrug off focusing on Elliot who is still aiming the gun at us.

"You know this lunatic?" Diego asked as he frowns.

I sigh. "New acquaintance. He's harmless."

"A⸺ Are you sure about that?" Lila shuttered with her strong accent.

"Are you or are you not an enemy of the people?" Elliot screamed in rage, I had to think for that answer.

"Such an open-ended question, yeah." Diego commented.

"Really depends on the people." I agreed nodding my head in my brother's direction.

"You move one more muscle, I will blow your brains out." I clenched my jaw in annoyance.

"You want to take this or should I?" Diego asked. He can deal with the crazy lady while I deal with the guy who has a gun.

"No, I got him."

"Hey, Lila..." As he got the crazy lady's attention I spatial jump in front of Elliot and force his gun upward-pointing it on the ceiling. The gun accidentally fired but nothing much happened to us.

Elliot gasped and Diego quickly grabbed the gun disarming it. I patted my uniform as some dust got me, remembering something.

"Five, Darling. You should be careful you got all the dust on Dolores and I. We just got this, you know. " Katherine whined as she patted her blue dress.

"I'm sorry, Rin. I'll get you a dress when we got out of here." I said running my fingers through her hair lovingly.

"You promise?" She asked me anxiously.

I smiled at her, letting the butterflies in my stomach flutter. Bending down to her seating position, kissing her forehead although I failed my other promises this time for sure I'll make it happen. "Yeah," I muttered. "I promise."

(I love this part, I'm quite proud of it hehehehe, anyways let's continue...)

Lila sputters then snickered."What the hell just happened?"

───── ❝ 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 ❞ ─────

Everyone sat in silence watching the footage as Elliot has been tied in a chair with his mouth muffled shut. Lila is painting his toenails with a distinct vibrant green polish. I didn't try to bother as the footage is my main priority, Diego is doing the same except his seated on top of the counter.

The footage shows an old married couple trying to see how a camera works.

"They're so cute. I love old couples. I'm always so proud of them for not murdering each other." Lila randomly said, believe me, this lady needs a gag like Elliot.

"Why are we watching this?" Diego asked, bored.

"Shush." I said to him, watching the film intensely. The couple introduces themselves and their location.

"Today's date is November 22, 1963."

"Well, that's six days from now." Lila pointed the obvious.

"Holy shit. This is it. The grassy knoll. Kennedy's about to get shot. How do you have this?" Diego asked as I fidget only giving him a side glance.

"Hazel died to get me this footage. It must be the key to stopping doomsday."

"Hazel?" Diego asked.

"Long story."

"What's doomsday?" This time Lila asked.

"Longer story."

"What exactly did he say to you?"

"Well, he was killed before he could explain. But whatever he wanted us to see, it's on this film."

Their attention is once again focused on the film the moment the gunshot was heard as people screams, the video began to shake as the couple screamed terrifyingly. My eyes couldn't process what I saw made my breathing hitch.

I exhaled. "Oh, no." I turned to rewind the footage to see once again just to make sure I'm not hallucinating. I paused the tape at the exact image, I moved the machine so we could see it clearer.

"This can't be," I whispered, Diego, joining my side who is also surprised.

"Okay, you gonna fill me in now, boys? What the hell is this shit we're watching?" Lila asked confused watching us from behind but I didn't bother as no words is coming out of my mouth.

"No, that's impossible." Diego said in a whisper.

"It's not."

"What... What is it?" Elliot tried to ask.

The footage showed a man in a suit, holding an umbrella watching the people panic and scream as the president has been shot. But he's not alone.

Katie stood beside him wearing a pink collar hollow lace dress with cape sleeves and white hand gloves. She stood there elegantly, her hand on her front not bothered by the disturbance. Her face was a blurred but just like how I recognized our father, I can recognize her anywhere.

"Dad... and Katherine." Deigo and I whispered at the same time, still in shock.