20

"𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓴 𝓘'𝓶 𝓭𝓾𝓶𝓫 𝓮𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝓽𝓸 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓼𝓽𝓾𝓹𝓲𝓭 𝓶𝓸𝓿𝓮?... 𝓑𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝔂𝓮𝓪𝓱, 𝔂𝓮𝓪𝓱 𝓘 𝓭𝓲𝓭."

───── ❝ 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 ❞ ─────

𝙺𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅.

"What do you think you're wearing?" A voice asked from behind while he was walking down the stairs that making me jump a little. I turned around just to see father adjusting his tie glaring at me or more like to my dress.

"A dress." I replied twirling my dress for him to see.

"Says who? I can see your shoulders." I rolled my eyes and started walking to our big mirror retouching my makeup.

"Says, Grace." He look shocked but composed himself as he followed me from behind. He commented how ugly it was on me and it didn't suit his taste. At. All.

I huffed and was about to try a new dress on when Grace walked in holding a pair of gloves for me.

"I think you look wonderful, darling." Father grumbled as I smirk his way knowing that he can't do anything if Grace said so.

"At least one of us got styles." I mumbled as I ran up to open the door, grinning as father complained to Grace which she just laughed at.

This is going to be amazing. I can sneak outside when father and Grace are both busy and get to Five.

───── ❝ 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 ❞ ─────

𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅.

"So, what, you just let her go?" Diego asked as I paced around the room after not being able to bring Vanya with me.

"Well, Vanya had a lot to process. She'll come around. I know she will." I said sighing in both stress and anxiety.

"What about the guys that went after her?"

"The Swedes?"

"Yeah, I mean, how do you know they won't go after her again?"

"We don't." I answered as Elliot made his way to us bringing a cup of coffee. I trust Vanya could handle herself for a while as she can fully activate her ability.

"Mm, any idea who sent them?" Lila asked after taking a sip of his coffee.

"Oh, I have my suspicions," I sarcastically said giving her a wide fake smile while getting myself a cup of coffee. "But right now, our priority is finding Dad and getting answers, 'cause everything else depends on it."

"Which, for the record, I found him already."

"And then let him go before we could have a meaningful conversation."

"Do I have to remind you that you let Katie go? Also, he stabbed me." He pointed out smirking that he's not the only one who failed.

I smiled mockingly. "We had a meaningful conversation which would be none of your business and I'm surprised he waited for this long, Diego. We've all had the urge." Lila and Elliot chuckled at my statement and she raised her hand at me.

"Good one." I look at her dead in the eyes deciding to do it or just ignore her. I decided the latter and just ignore her very existence leveling her as a suspicious person.

"Good thing I know where Dad's gonna be tonight." I said handling the invitation letter to Diego.

Diego gave me a look before sighing snatching the letter. "Where'd you get this?"

"Found it at his office while he was busy stabbing you." I gave him a proud teasing smile.

He chuckles sarcastically then focused his attention on the letter. "Hoyt Hillenkoetter and the Consulate General of Mexico in Dallas cordially invite you to a gala." He read out loud glancing at Elliot confused as he stopped Diego.

"Hoyt Hillenkoetter? Are you serious?" Elliot asked in disbelief.

"You know him?" I asked beginning to be confused myself.

Lila gasped commenting about a food tower or whatever but I didn't pay much attention as Elliot grumbled about the guy and Majestic Twelve.

"The hell is the Majestic Twelve?" Diego asked.

"What? It's a... a secret committee. Uh, scientists, military, uh, deep state. No one knows what they really do." Elliot explained going to his desk to get some files.

"Wait, so they're government?" Diego asked grunting as he tried to slowly sit up straight.

"Shadow government. Yeah, Kennedy was the first president to try to push'em into the light, but these guys are not to be trifled with especially.... her. Oh... Oh, here we go. Ah, right here." Elliot said as I was intrigued when he mentioned a 'her', he walked to us holding a photo that he put in front of us.

"This, uh... Oh, right here. That's Hoyt right there." He said pointing to one of the men in the picture.

"Huh." I unconsciously let out as I count them again as I only found eleven.

Diego sighs, grunts softly as he stared at the picture. Lila gasped softly commenting she only counted eleven and there's no woman in the picture.

"Well, that's because they've only identified eleven so far. As for the girl, she's a hard one. No shadow, no identification, no trail, no nothing. All I know is when you mess with them she takes care of it. You'll be dead before you can even utter a word. Rumor has it, the moment you hear the sound of her heels is the moment you die."

"Who's the twelfth and the girl?" Diego and I exchanged a look as we already knew the possibility that Dad is involved and if Dad is involved so is Katie. And truth to be told I'm afraid. I'm afraid that another person who I want to get close to would be in a very difficult situation.