22

"2567 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓷 𝓯𝓾𝓵𝓵 𝓻𝓪𝓶𝓹𝓪𝓰𝓮, 𝓘 𝓻𝓮𝓹𝓮𝓪𝓽 𝓼𝓾𝓫𝓳𝓮𝓬𝓽 2567 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓻𝓪𝓶𝓹𝓪𝓰𝓮. 𝓦𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝓮𝓭 𝓶𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓭𝓲𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓵𝔂. "

───── ❝ 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 ❞ ─────

"Katherine's Past"

𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅.

Sam never truly cared for one of the children, he never cared if one of them die while experimenting and he was the one to bring them to the morgue, he didn't care if one of them beg for a release in the facility yet here he was seating on a chair facing one of his friends who handle a big patient like him.

But now it's different. He began to care. He began to care for one of the patients he needed to take care of. He wanted to help them. He wanted them to escape and live their lives.

He felt a tear roll down his face but it was wiped down by Katie giving him a sad smile.

"You need to stop caring for them. Look what you got for caring for them so much? A bit off ear and a half salary are gone. Get your ass together, Sam. You're losing it." She said and Sam nodded.

She led Sam out of her room. She stared blankly at her window, looking at the forest scenery that never gets old before going to her study table taking out her diary writing her daily entry in this facility.

───────────────

Day 1: Somewhere between the stars...

Some guy approached me in my work asking
if I can handle children since I'm a nurse myself. You know what? I agreed after he said how much I would be paid only joking of course, but the next morning came my superior assigned me to some facility I never heard of and you know what's the best part? The guy who asked me if I'm willing to be a nanny is standing outside my job smiling. What is this thing did my self get into?

-Katie

───────────────

She sighed just remembering her idiotic self but continue to turn the pages.

───────────────

Day 28: Somewhere between the stars...

I have been in this facility for longer than I remember, I usually do some caretakers jobs but I didn't mind as they are quite high but now my superior Doctor É̵̛̝̬̎̎̊͛́͜l̷͇̳̩̭̪̍́͊͌̽̈́͐́͘ỉ̷̡͈͓̘̟̭̿̓̂s̸͓̤͕̦͔̠̜̝͚̍͌̅̚ͅę̶͎̟̳̊̋̐̆͆ assigned me to take care of someone. She didn't clarify who but the kid is known to be 2567 and if the rumors are indeed true in this facility then 2567 is the most dangerous person here. I don't know what to do and I'm panicking, I even refused on our time visits, thank God the superiors are quite busy as another subject is having some rampage.

-Katie

───────────────

Day 102: Somewhere between the stars...

I decided to name the kid Katherine rather than calling her 2567, she seems to hate it though as she only responses if I called her my name or her subject number. I lost my temper a while ago, shouting at her for just a pathetic reason, her saying that she wants my name which I refused. I haven't delivered her food yet but I told Sam (A friend with who I began to have a close relationship here in secret.) to deliver it for me and he agreed. Seriously, that kid is getting to my nerves.

-Katie

───────────────

She traced the writings with her fingers sighing softly. She sat down on the chair and reach for her ballpen, as she was about to write down her day in the diary the red alarm echoed throughout the entire building startling her. She let go of her pen and rush outside of her room only to see everyone running on the opposite side of the hallway who seems to be frightened.

She tried to ask questions, stopping anyone from running but she only got shoved and pushed to the ground. She let out a few curses before she feel being dragged to an incredible speed where everyone is trying to rush one too.

"What the heck is happening?!" She shouted to the male who dragged her, she just let him as she doesn't know what to do or how to process the events of what's going on.

"2567 is on the rampage... We need to go now." He let out, in front of them is the entrance door for you to get to the main building.