13

"𝓘 𝓴𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓷𝓸 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓼 𝓶𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽."

───── ❝ 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 ❞ ─────

𝙺𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅.

We eat in a comfortable silence other than Pogo's cute noises when he played with his food in which we find adorable, even father smiles but he always covers it with a cough not like we didn't see it.

My mornings should be like this is I don't have any missions or if I'm staying at the house. It's comforting as the warmness never fades away. All my worries, overthinking, negative thoughts seem to vanish the moment I'm with my family.

I know I need to face Five for whatever reason, it's like there's someone on the back of my head telling me to meet him. To protect him. To be there for him. To believe him in everything. It's screaming saying that I need to go back to Five right now. To... My... Five.

Is he even mine? Why does it hurt so much when I would think that I'm just a mere replacement for her? Why do my days aren't the same when you're not here? Why does it sting my heart whenever I would think about it?

"Katie, would you like to accompany me on my way to the D. S. Umbrella building?" Father asked in a warm smile put me out of my trace. I nodded softly making Grace and father beam in delight.

Maybe not being with him would ease my mind for a little.

───── ❝ 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 ❞ ─────

𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅.

I haven't seen Katie since she left, I feel kind of bad about lying to her but I need to. I still need to use her to stop the apocalypse and I need Diego's help as he is the only one who can help me at the moment so as soon as I heard him escape, I decided to find him which is quite easy.

After he told us his whole plan to save the president even an idiot would know he is following Oswald's steps. I soon spotted his car parked in a building with a very not noticeable broken window.

You could just pick the lock, Diego, not make it obvious that you steal it.

I spatial jumped on the backseat, Diego and a random lady didn't even notice my presence.

"Then why are you doing this?" The woman asked in a noticeable British accent.

"Because he is an idiot." I answered her making them both jumped in surprise.

I bet Katie would laugh at them if she's here. She would probably complain about why is she seating on my lap again, and maybe hit me for making her dizzy.

"Who the hell are you?" She asked looking at Diego then to me seemingly confused.

"Hi. I'm his loving brother. " I smiled sarcastically showing off my pearl white teeth.

"Who left me to rot in the nuthouse." Diego said bitterly.

"To protect you from yourself."

"That's quite sweet." The lady said agreeing with my statement.

"Okay, both of you, out."

"Lose the crazy lady and come with me. We have important business."

"I am not going anywhere with you. And where the hell is Katherine? She's not with you? Can't take your shit anymore?"

"We... have a... sort of disagreement." I said looking at my knee as it started fidgeting.

"You mean, a fight?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"No. A disagreement. She'll find me."

"What you say but I'm not going with you."

"...Okay, fine." I leaned on the window as I saw an officer patrolling.

"Officer!" I shouted to the man making Diego yank me back.

"Hey! What are you doing?" He asked as if trying to intimidate me.

"I hear there's a reward out for you two." I smirk.

"He's bluffing." The lady pointed out making my smirk grow wider indicating to him to try me.

I bet if Katie's here she would butt in with his sarcastic comment.

"... He's not." I'm glad he still knows my personality.

"Fine. I'll go with you."

"What about me?" The lady asked butting in once again.

"And I'm bringing the crazy lady. You better found yours, brother." Cheeky, brother. Very cheeky. I give them the directions to Elliot's apartment which would be our family's meeting house from now on.