17

"𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓘'𝓶 𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓵𝔂 𝓻𝓮𝓹𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓪𝓫𝓵𝓮, 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮'𝓼 𝓷𝓸 𝓷𝓮𝓮𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽. 𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓶𝔂𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓯."

───── ❝ 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 ❞ ─────

𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅.

I walked to the right door and opened it, there are many doors so I tried opening the one on my left but it was locked. I tried the one on my right and it opened easily, I turn on the lights that are beside the door and the room lit up.

It was a weird interior. The room was built in the modern 60's living room with a fake neighborhood on the walls but that's not the weird thing about it. It has mannequins, more like a family of mannequins that are made for this scene. They sat at the couch and armchair, their eyes focused on different places especially the two mannequins that stared directly at me giving me the goosebumps.

"What are you up to?" I whispered softly as the lights turned off by themselves. I left the room and proceeded to go to another room.

Again, just like before a scene of a family composed of mannequins eating together in a dining area, with mugs in front of them. In front, is cameras while on the side, it has a chalkboard and also an office desk with some files and documents on top of it.

I feel watched but not in a threatening way but I brushed it off and continue to find some useful information. I look through each different file and an envelope caught my attention. I opened it and inside is an invitation paper for some fancy party, I fold the invitation paper in half and shoved it in my pocket.

My attention is caught up once again by a metallic clattering from behind me. I walk carefully at the soft clattering finding where the sound is coming from. A soft chittering was heard once again and my eyes caught a figure hiding behind a cage. The figure stepped out revealing someone, but not just anyone.

My gaze soften as I said hi to him. "Pogo." I softly said trying not to scare him off. I kneeled on the ground as the small baby Pogo approach me, scared.

"It's all right, little buddy." I gave a small sincere smile as I'm quite amazed by this as Pogo hoots softly.

"Pogo. It's good to see you." I tried to touch him but Pogo screeches out and scratched me violently scampering away then jumped through the window, shattering it in the process.

"Diego! Diego!" I screamed in pain as I held my neck in pain feeling the blood coming out of my wound. I tried to get up but stopped as a hand grabbed my hand that is holding my injury.

I turned around ready to fight whoever it is but stopped when I saw that hazel eyes. Those eyes that I have been thinking of wanting to see again are now right in front of me. The worried look on her face gives me a warm feeling, it's like someone is whispering to me saying that she cares about me.

She softly drags me to a chair letting me sit down, she grabbed my hand taking it off on the wound.

"Has your father ever told you that you should be careful around strangers? You're lucky it wasn't too deep or is in your face." She said sighing softly as relief washed all over her. I couldn't think or process what's happening but all I know is Katie is here in front of me. I hug her tightly as she squealed in surprise.

"Whoa... I didn't know you would miss me this much, kitty." She laughed softly returning the hug. "You did tell me you would be back in a couple of mins not days." I whisper burying my face on the crook of her neck smelling her scent.

"What are you doing here? You do know that this is trespassing right?" She whispered in my ear.

"No. I'm supposed to be asking that, what are you doing here? And what are you doing with dad?" It's my turn to whisper as I held her face in my hands letting go of our hug.

She giggled softly leaning on my right hand. "This is my dad's building silly, of course, I can be here, you on the other hand are not and what do you mean dad? Getting ready for the next level? The 'meet the parent's stage.'." 

"What? No! It's just⸺"

"I need to go, Five. I'm sorry." She said in a faint voice, hugging me for a second before pushing me away.

"Go where? I just got you. Look, I need you, I need your help."

"I'm sorry. I am. I'll help you but not now, I'll meet you again. You can't keep me away for you." She put a hand on my cheek, as I stared at her sparkling hazel eyes. She pecked my cheek before letting go and running out of the same door I entered.

I seated here, watching her dumbfounded as the person I yearned for subconsciously run away with no explanation but a simple sentence that will keep me holding on.