15

"𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔀𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽."

───── ❝ 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 ❞ ─────

𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅.

I paced around the room nervously, thinking about the footage that we saw. A part of me is delighted to see a sight of her again, to meet that beautiful hazel eyes once again. I feel like the world froze for that moment even the blurred image can't hide her elegance, I know it sounds cliché but that's what I feel.

What is this feeling? I shouldn't feel anything about her... She's not my Katherine. I feel odd. Even watching her for like 5 seconds in the film feels like 5 hours.

"Of course Dad would be involved in the assassination but Katherine... I expect better even if she calls herself Katie. Katherine is still Katherine but I should've known." Diego said worsening the situation, getting involved in the assassination, and being with dad means it's worse than death making my anxiety rise.

"No, you're jumping to conclusions," I reasoned. "Katie wouldn't do anything like that. She's even scared to hold... a gun..." I whispered the last part as I remembered our first encounter after calling her number.

"I really liked you Five. I really do, such a shame I need to kill you."

No. She can't. Past or future, Katherine is still Katherine and no one can change that.

"Katie wouldn't do something unreasonable."

"She's not the future Katherine. She's someone else, I would agree if she's still the same Katherine but she's dead! She's not Katherine! So, she must know something! What else are they doing standing on the grassy knoll, holding an open black umbrella on a sunny day in Dallas the exact same moment the president gets shot?!" Diego screamed, getting up at my face and pointing at the footage.

"I know she's dead. SHE FUCKING DIE IN MY FUCKING ARMS!" I spat trying to control my rage pointing at his chest. "It doesn't look good, I admit." I exhaled.

"No, he's the signalman for the whole goddamn thing, and Katie's the bodyguard. Helping dear old daddy in his morning killing spree."

"Hey! Don't include Katie's name in your mess. Easy Diego, seriously." I glare at him getting pissed at how she treats Katie.

What am I thinking? Why is it that when she's being mentioned I get angry and when I look at her my stomach started to feel tingling. Hearing Diego say some nasty things about her made my chest knot in anger, What is this feeling?

"No, it makes sense. This is what Hazel was obviously trying to tell you. We have to stop Dad and Katie from killing the president."

"Diego, calm down, all right? Dad was no Boy Scout and don't get me started at Katie, but presidential assassination? It's never been his thing."

"How would you know? You skipped out on his golden years. Katherine also went missing the moment you were gone. You don't know anything."

"Skipped out? You think I had it easy, we had it easy, Diego? I was almost alone in those 45 years if Katherine didn't come with me and try to get me out!! She helped for all of the years we have had each other, so if anyone among us knows her? It's me." I whisper shouted at him, looking at him furiously.

"You know what? We don't have the time for this right now. Dad's clearly in Dallas, right? Let's just go talk to him. Maybe he can help us fix the timeline." I paced again, forcing myself to be calm.

"Dallas is a big place. We need to find him first."

I rolled my eyes. "Gee, if only we had some magical, old-timey way of finding people and their addresses." I said sarcastically, pushing past him getting the telephone dictionary from the top of the refrigerator.

I slammed the thick book on the table as Diego followed opening the book, starting to look into it.

"Let's start simple. His name."

"Hargreeves... Hargreeves... Hargreeves... Shit, nothing here." Diego whispered, I look at the book myself trying to find the name but it doesn't have it.

"Try his company, D. S. Umbrella Manufacturing Co."

"Yeah, I know the name. Thanks." Diego exclaimed looking at me like I'm telling him he was stupid.  I closed my eyes trying not to say anything more as we don't have time for arguing.

He started looking again as I leaned to look as well.

"Holy shit. 'D. S. Umbrella. Eighty-two Olive.' Let's go." He said starting to walk out of the exit as I followed him from behind. I started to overthink as I can see Katie again after some time.

We can hear Elliot grunting and struggle but we didn't react, Lila can untie him when we're gone.

"He okay to leave here like that?"

"Yeah, he's fine. What about the girl?" We look back to see if Lila was there but she's gone. Diego signed leaving me alone to look for her.