1. The Beginning

A sigh. It all began with a sigh.

Naruto walked into his room, still thinking about what happened the day before.

Flashback

"He He He He. A lot of Chunins and Jonins unable to catch a simple boy who is not even a genin? That's unheard of!" Naruto said loudly as he sat down with the scroll on his back.

"OI NARUTO!!!" Naruto suddenly jumped up as he heard the harsh voice of his sensei, who had a scar on his face. He turned around with a grin which said that he was trying to be innocent of the crime he just committed.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE WITH THE SCROLL, BAKA?" Iruka asked as he pulled the ear of the blond.

"OW! OW! OW!" Naruto shouted in pain.

"Oi Naruto. Give that scroll to me." Naruto heard the familiar voice of Mizuki.

"Mizuki! Don't tell me that you betrayed Konoha." Iruka said with his voice full of shock at seeing his colleague whom he knew for many years.

Ignoring the scarred face of jonin, Mizuki said with a smirk "Naruto, do you know why you were hated by the people of Konoha?"

"Why?" Naruto asked as he shifted uncomfortably from his position."What's going on?"

"No. Don't do it, Mizuki. It's the Hokage's decree" Iruka shouted, only to be sneered at by Mizuki.

"What decree? What are you talking about?" Naruto asked desperately.

"That you are the container of the Nine-Tailed Fox," Mizuki shouted.

"NO!!!" Iruka shouted in desperation.

Before Naruto could react to what was going on, he saw Mizuki hurling a Fuma Shuriken toward him. The last thing he saw was the green flak jacket of Iruka as he rushed to protect Naruto.

Inside the mindscape

"Naruto, open your eyes." The blond heard a calm voice.

He slowly opened his eyes and saw the Yondaime Hokage standing in front of him.

"Fourth Stone Face? Is that you?" Naruto asked as the man chuckled.

"Idiot. That's your father." Naruto jumped at the harsh voice, coming from behind him.

"Who are you?"

"Me? I am the Kyuubi no Kitsune. Nice to finally meet you. You can call me Kurama" The cage behind the Yondaime Hokage said with a smile.

"And what did he say?" Naruto asked facing Minato Namikaze with wide eyes.

"Exactly what it sounds like. Nice to meet you, Naruto." Minato said with a smile as tears leaked out of Naruto's eyes as he tried to rub them in vain.

Still rubbing his tears, he walked to Minato who had his arms on his stomach to brace himself from the oncoming punch predicted by Kurama, only to feel the arms of his son around his neck.

"Dad! I always wanted to know who is my dad. And now I have finally got what I wanted to know for a long time." Naruto said as Minato wrapped his arms around his son's neck for a few moments, before breaking the hug.

"Naruto. Please forgive me for sealing Kurama into your body." Minato said as he patted his son's head, who just stayed silent.

"Dad? Can you please explain what's going on?" Naruto said, wanting to know desperately.

"Well. What do you know of the Kyuubi attack on 10th October?"

"I know that you and mom died. Speaking of mom, who was she?" Naruto asked.