*22. Prophecy*

It has been 5 days since the Invasion as Naruto found himself walking in the streets of Konoha once again. 

During the invasion, he managed to convince Gaara to start making bonds after which Hiruzen managed to win against Orochimaru, who immediately ordered a retreat. In the meantime, the Sand found out about the foul play of Orochimaru.

The Sand soon surrendered and also promised to pay for the invasion reparations to the Leaf Village. Naruto was declared the National Hero of the Leaf for playing an important role in the defence.  He also received a boost in ranks to Chunin for his exemplary achievement.  

He was suddenly stopped by a stranger wearing a hoodie to cover his face. He also wore the uniform of the Leaf Village and a headband to make it look more convincing that he was a ninja of leaf.

"Naruto. Can I borrow you for a few seconds?" The stranger asked as Naruto nodded and smiled.

At BBQ

Both the ninjas sat with their backs facing each other as they ate peacefully.

"It's been so long since I ate this food." The stranger remarked as he ate the food.

"Anyways, why are you here Obito?" Naruto asked.

"Please call me Taka. I don't want my identity to be compromised. Anyways, it seems that the Hokage same didn't die this time which is great." Obito said as he kept the bowl away. "But we still need a new Hokage as he is too old to be one." 

"And who would that be?" Naruto asked.

"In my previous 2 worlds, Lady Tsunade was selected as the Hokage after the death of the Third Hokage. But, I am not sure that it is likely to happen here as the Third didn't die this time which is a great accomplishment." Obito said as he carefully held the chopsticks.

"OI NARUTO!" Both of them heard a voice behind them as Obito disappeared almost immediately. 

Turning around, Naruto saw Neji and Tenten walking toward him.

"We were just searching for you. Hokage sama has ordered us to go to the Hokage Office so that we can become the members of team 7." Neji said as Naruto looked confused.

"Did you forget that both of us are supposed to become your teammates after the Chunin Exam?" Tenten reminded him.

"Oh!" Naruto's face brightened. "With all these invasions, exams and training I almost forgot about it. Hehe." Naruto gave a wide grin. "Come on now, let's go!"

Hokage Office

"OHAYO JIJI!" The third Hokage almost fell from the chair as the blond broke open the door.

"Oops. Sorry, Jiji." Naruto said unapologetically while Hiruzen's right eye twitched.

"Oh, Naruto! You have finally arrived." Jiraya said as he laughed.

"ERO SENNIN!" Naruto yelled in surprise. "WHAT ARE YA DOING HERE?" 

"First sign the form and then we will tell you about your next mission." Hiruzen as he held three forms.

"But it says that we need the approval signature of the respective senseis of the two teams." Neji pointed out.

"Although it has the signature of Gai Sensei, where is Kakashi Sensei's signature?" Tenten asked.

"Don't worry, I am right here," Kakashi said as he stood up, revealing that he was sitting on the roof the whole time. 

"Kakashi sensei!" Naruto yelled.

"Yo." Kakashi greeted with an eye smile before walking inside the room. His expression soon changed. "A bad news for the Third Hokage. Sasuke Uchiha has escaped again."