18. Wind vs Blade

"Well done Naruto san!" Akane praised as the water turned into crystal. "With a little bit more training, you will be able to even change the shape according to your will."

Naruto gasped breathlessly before looking at the large crystal wall he produced from water.

"I did it!" Naruto muttered as he continued to gasp.

"Anyways, it's time for the final round of the exams. I wish you the best of luck!" Akane said as she disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"ALRIGHT!! LET'S GO ERO SENNIN!"  Naruto shouted as Jiraya smiled.

But before he could even reply, there was a growling sound, and the great Senin sweatdropped.

"You are hungry? Aren't you?" He asked.

"Yeah! As much as I don't want to admit it." Naruto said.

"Hmm, if that's the case, why don't we grab some ramen and have some fun messing with the dimensions?"

"But what about the exams?"

"Well, I might be able to change the times of your match with Sakura," Jiraya said as he summoned a toad.

"What? You can also do that!" Naruto asked as Jiraya just laughed.

"Don't underestimate my influence, boy!" Jiraya said before turning towards the toad.

"I want you to ask the Sandaime to postpone the match between Naruto and Sakura," Jiraya commanded as the toad bowed down before leaving.

At the arena

"First match will take place between Sakura and Naruto." Genma announced.

He sighed as he didn't want to do this job. But what choice did he have?

I wonder who killed Hayate san. Whoever has done it must be very skilful. As per the reports, he was killed by some wind Jutsu. That's fishy! Genma thought as he chewed the senbon. And that boy is late. Did he take the habit from Kakashi? If that's so then Sandaime sama will probably kill him.

In the meantime, Sakura arrived in several petals of cherry blossoms, which swirled around her as soon as she arrived. She held a tanto on her back and wore a pink ninja outfit with blue paint. Her hair was now shorter as she cut her hair as per suggestions of Sai.

Special Guests seats

"Hmm, Naruto is quite late. Isn't he?" The Kazekage asked as Hiruzen looked at the man with suspicion.

Flashback

"And you are dismissed." Hiruzen said as he dismissed Kakashi, who left the room calmly.

"I have some bad news, Sandaime sama." A sound appeared from nowhere while the anbus hiding in the ceiling dropped down on the ground, unconscious.

"What is it... Obito san?" Hiruzen asked calmly.

"The Kazekage had been killed by Orochimaru, who will arrive in Konoha under the guise of the Kazekage." Obito said as Hiruzen covered his surprise.

"Oh! And what do you propose?" Hiruzen asked.

"Can we wait for Jiraya, who will arrive very soon?" Obito asked as Hiruzen nodded.

Only he and Jiraya knew about Obito Uchiha and his ambitions.

To be frank, Hiruzen was pleasantly surprised for the first time when he saw Obito alive and kicking. He never expected the Uchiha who was officially confirmed by Kakashi and Rin to be dead would be standing here inside his office. Well, life has its surprises.