9. The battle of Bridge

Naruto already knew that they had to face Zabuza and Haku once again. He also knew that Sasuke would have got captured in the ice mirrors.

But what he did not expect was that he would get captured in place of Sasuke and he found himself in the middle of the multiple mirrors made of ice, while Tenten and Kakashi fought against Zabuza.

"Since you know my identity, I have no choice but to kill you. Sorry, Naruto kun." Haku said as she threw the first batch of senbon, which Naruto deflected with his kunai.

Tch! I have to be careful for these senbons are no joke according to Obito Sensei. Naruto thought as he threw his kunai deflecting the senbons which were thrown towards him.

Wait a second. Where is Neji?

At Tazuna's house

"...And we will get a lots of money from boss." One of the man said while holding Tsunami hosatge, when Inari snatched a kitchen knife.

"I WILL NOT LET MY MOTHER GET INJURED." He shouted as he rushed towards the thugs but came to a stop when he saw the thugs falling on the ground.

"You know you should be aware of what's happening behind you." A voice said as the speaker hit the other thug who fell down, still conscious on the ground in the same way revealing Neji Hyuuga.

"That was amazing, kid." Neji said with a smirk. "So are you now convinced that heroes do exist."

Inari's eyes shined in admiration and new found respect for the heroes.

"Anyways, will you mind explaining why the hell did you attack innocent civilian?" Neji asked with his voice turning cold.

The thugs started sweating profusely before saying who and why were they sent.

Battle of the Bridge

Tch! I have to fight Haku by myself without anyone's help. Naruto thought as he took a pose and started weaving handsigns.

[Crystal style: Crystal Pikes]

The sharp and long orange crystal protruded out of the ground and pierced through the glass but to the shock of the blond, the ice glass did not break at all.

What? I thought that crystal was stronger than ice! Naruto thought.

Its because your crystals aren't perfect yet. You have a long way to go before you completely master it. Naruto heard Kurama saying.

Suddenly, he heard footsteps rushing towards him. Turning around, he saw that it was Neji who was gasping breathlessly.

"Ah! Neji. You have arrived right on time." Naruto applauded as he quickly dodged another wave of Senbons.

Now, the only thing I have to do is to get Neji fight from the outside while I will fight fr- Naruto never got to complete his thoughts resulted from relief, when he felt someone poking him on his shoulders.

Turning around, he saw that its was... Neji?

"Neji? W-WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Naruto yelled in surprise.

"Well. I snuck in to save you." Neji said with a grin which was clearly disturbing Naruto.

"I-Idiot. You will endanger yourself, you goddamn fool"

You are the prodigy of the Branch house of the Hyuuga and yet you are behaving like an idiot. Naruto wanted to say but kept quiet. Instead he smacked his head.

"Great. What's next? A clay which explodes?" Naruto asked before a bird flew past them dropping something on the ground.

Naruto could swear that he saw someone with blond hair on the bird.