19. The Fox and the Cherry Blossom

As the competition dragged on, the results were quite astonishing, to say the least. 

Kabuto fought against Hinata and was forced to forfeit by the orders of Orochimaru.

Gaara and Shino's match was postponed as the Sandaime feared about the sanity of Gaara while Orochimaru wanted to postpone the invasion. 

Shikamaru easily won against Dosu by forcing him to forfeit. (Something like in the Anime)

Ino won against Yoroi in a highly difficult fight by taking control of Yoroi's body and lifting his arm to signal a forfeit.

As the crowd waited for Naruto to arrive, Genma stood up and said "Since Naruto hasn't arrived yet, I would like to ask Sakura to come down to the arena."

Sakura looked at the Ninja with confusion on her face before walking towards the area. 

"As Naruto is still absent, I hereby declare Haruno Sakura as the w-" Before Genma could complete, there was a loud explosion in the middle of the arena and it was covered with smoke.

"COUGH! COUGH!" The intruders coughed loudly.

"TOO MUCH GAS. BAKA ERO SENNIN! COUGH!" One of the intruders yelled loudly while Jiraya continued to cough.

"Says the one who suggested me to use at least 5 smoke bombs together to make the entrance flashy. Cough!" Jiraya coughed as the smoke finally died down along with the violent coughs. 

In the meantime, everyone just sweatdropped at the entrance when Genma took a step forward.

"Why are you late?" Genma asked.

"Well, we had to prank someone." Naruto replied with a cheeky grin.

"Who?" Genma asked as if he didn't want to know.

"Some guy named Light." Jiraya replied as he laughed.

Somewhere in Japan of the Alternate world 

"Huh? What the hell is this?" Light asked as he saw a letter addressed to him.

Taking the letter he read it out loud so that the shinigami could also hear. "Hint for L Lawliet's real identity. YES! This was what I was looking for." 

Light jubilantly took a little piece of paper before starting to write.

"Take the last 6 letters away from L Lawliet." Light wrote the name and cut off the letters a, w, l, i, e and t.

"Now, add an O in the middle of the letters L and L." Light quickly put the letter O in the middle of the two ls before looking at the letter again.

"And there you go. Now take a computer and find its full form." Light did not do as per the instructions. He smirked as he put the pen away, ignoring the laughter from the Shinigami. 

"I got fooled." He chuckled softly and calmly before angrily slamming the table and yelling "I WILL KILL THE MAN WHO MADE FUN OF ME." 

Back to the normal world

"Who is Light?" Genma questioned.

"I don't care," Sakura said. "I want to start the match right now. We have lost too much time."

Naruto looked toward Sakura and sighed. "Sakura. You don't know how to have fun anymore. Do you?"

 Sakura just stared long and hard at Naruto before saying "I don't care." 

Naruto took out a kunai and a crystal blade came out from the other hand. "Well, I still care about you Sakura. You are my ex-crush and I may not mean anything to you but I still care about you."