14. Preliminary Exam begins

[Gasp]

[Gasp]

[Gasp]

Naruto began to breath deeply as he the building came into his sight.

He smiled in relief as he had to fight at least 2 teams trying to get his heaven scroll. But, it doesn't matter as he had won against these teams without much effort.

He looked around and saw Sakura carrying an injured Sasuke, while Sai just ran in front of Sasuke.

Sasuke? What happened to him? Naruto thought as he shook out his thoughts from his head.

Whatever, I must attack them before they attack me and take the the Heaven scroll...that is if they need. Naruto thought as he quickly jumped on a tree bark and started jumping on the branches of the other trees.

As he got above them, he quickly concealed his chakra and took out a crystal blade from his hand. 

Ok, Crystal blade... check. Speed... check. Height... Check. Distance... Closing in 3...2...1!

Naruto was just about to lunge with his crystal blade aiming towards Sakura. The jump failed as a black bird suddenly attacked Naruto at which reflexively struck down. The bird burst into black ink blinding Naruto for a second before realizing that his target was gone.

"Interesting ability you have Sai." Naruto complimented as Sai quickly appeared with his ink brush and scroll on his lap.

"I am honored to be praised by you, Naruto san." Sai said as he suddenly noticed a heaven scroll in Naruto's pocket.

"That's a relief." Sai said as Naruto looked confused. "We also have the heaven and earth scroll so there is no need for us to attack each other."

Naruto just turned around and asked "What exactly happened to Sasuke?"

"Long story short, we were attacked by Orochimaru who appeared out of nowhere and we fared badly in the battle. That is until a hooded and masked man in black cloak with red clouds appeared out of nowhere and rescued us." Sai said as Naruto just nodded.

"Exactly same thing happened to me also." Naruto said as he frowned. "I don't understand who that man is exactly."

"Yes. I agree. He managed to remove the curse seal from Sasuke which is quite surprising as according to the reports no one has been able to remove it."

"Wait. Did you just say a curse seal?" Naruto enquired.

"Yes. Orochimaru bit Sasuke in his neck and a black seal formed on it which I immediately recognized as the infamous curse seal from the documents which I found while rummaging through the library of someone whose name I cannot speak out." Sai said.

"Hmm, that's quite strange." Naruto said as he fell into a deep thought before opening his lips to speak. "Anyways, we should keep going. But let me drop a little warning for you. The next time we meet each other, I will treat you as my enemy. Is that understood?"

Sai just smiled but didn't reply. 

Forest of Death building

That was quite a strange meeting. Don't you agree brat? Kurama asked as Naruto nodded.

"Now, I only have to use these scrolls to end this exam." Naruto said as he pulled out the scroll as per the instructions.

Opening both of them, he threw away and a puff of white smoke appeared to reveal Iruka Umino.

"Iruka sensei!" Naruto exclaimed in pleasant surprise.

"Yo Naruto. You have passed." Iruka said with a graceful smile as Naruto bowed down to show respect.