Chapter 12

AN: I have said it before but I'm so sorry for not updating in so long first I was on vacation and then I had a school trip where we went to another city and stayed there until Saturday. But I have a few chapters pre-written so I'll definitely update more in the future🥰💕💕

_________________

Liams POV
It was 9am and the next morning. I prepared breakfast for everyone and hummed some songs. From time to time first a sleepy Harry, then Louis and then Zayn appeared. When I was done I told the boys that I'll wake up Hailey and Nialler.
I could already see Haileys door and started walking towards it.
Once I opened it I saw Hailey cuddled hi together with Niall?
"Guys?! Wake up it's breakfast time in 5!"
They both made some sleepy noises and slowly started waking up.
I didn't say anything else because I was a bit annoyed that Hailey persuaded Niall to sleep in her bed when I told her she should rather sleep alone today...
When they came down everyone was down to hug Hailey but when she reached me I kinda ignored it. It hurts but she needs to learn a lesson.

Niall's POV
Great!!! Peanut butter! I love peanut butter. I quickly grabbed it before anyone else did and buttered my toast with it. Louis was chuckling at me but I just rolled my eyes at him playfully. Also what's wrong with Liam he seems so pissed. Gladly barely a second later Zayn asked:"Liam, mate, you seem a little mad, are you alright?" He now looked at Hailey directly and said:"When I arrived at Haileys room Niall was also sleeping there (the others awwwed and I smiled and ruffled her hair) well I told her that she should try to sleep alone today and she just ignored it and kind of even manipulated me with Niall. (I tried to interrupt him to tell him she was scared but he wouldn't let me) Hailey, I'm a little bit disappointed in you"
I could see Haileys face and I knew if he wouldn't stop confronting her she would start crying. Before that could happen she ran out of the room, I tried to follow her but the others stopped me.

Hailey POV:
I ran out of the room, where can I go now? In my room they'll find me... I know! The little room I found is perfect for this situation. I quickly grabbed my Niall Barbie, a pillow that was almost as big as me and my favorite stuffed animal and when I closed the door I immediately broke down crying. This was just too much for me. I don't like when people yell at me, it has always been the same, first they yell at me and tell me they hate me and I'm a disappointment and then they hit me and then I get locked in the room.
Liam probably doesn't like me anymore, but I always get so scared when I'm supposed to sleep alone. I just don't like the nightmares. I haven't told anyone about the nightmares yet, but they always come back when I'm alone, just like yesterday.
My body started shaking and I just couldn't take it anymore.
I layed down comfi on the big pillow and hugged my Niall and my stuffed animal real tight and cried myself until I fell asleep again.

Harrys POV
"Liam!", I screamed at him,"What the hell was that? She didn't do anything?" Everyone in the room could tell I was really really angry! No one should ever make my baby cry!
"HARRY! YESTERDAY NIGHT I TOLD HER TO NOT ASK ANY OF YOU TO STAY WIRH HER BECAUSE SHE NEEDS TO LEARN IT! AND THIS MORNING I SAW NIALL IN HER BED, SHE MANIPULATED US!", Liam was angry as well but he was angry at Hailey.
This time it was Niall who interrupted, in a clear bit loud and serious voice he said:"Liam, Yesterday at like 3am I woke up and wanted some cookies and milk-" "Niall I love you but this is not the time for your food stories", Zayn sweetly told Niall while laying an arm around him. "No wait it's not about the food",Niall quickly said,"K so I got up and wanted to go to the kitchen when I heard crying out of Haileys room so I went in and she woke up in the night but she was too scared to wake someone. I then took her downstairs and we ate cookies together. When I brought her back to bed she asked me if I could stay with her and of course I said yes, I mean this girl almost had a panic attack so I'm sorry lad but shut up."
Wow, our 'childish cute little Niall' is the one who knows to handle situations like that. It sounds weird but I'm proud of him. I patted his shoulder and told him he did the right thing. And Liam? He didn't say anything. He looked down and stood up and went outside. We were all a bit clueless.

Louis: where is he going?
Zayn: I don't know but I think I just heard the car
Niall: Do you think he's driving away?
Harry: Maybe? Or maybe he just needs some time to think about everything...
Zayn: Well whatever let's just go up to Haileys room and tell her she shouldn't worry and stuff
Louis: Yeah that's a good idea.

We knocked on her door but we couldn't hear a response. Lou still opened the door but- she was not in there. Niall started shouting her name but no response, we opened her big closet-no one. We went into the bathroom that was connected with her room-no one. We looked in every freakin room in our house and even outside- no one.
I started to get scared. I think Louis could see that. He sat down next to me and and hugged me and I started crying. Don't judge me I'm emotional!
"We Must be such bad people. She- She even probably ran away and-"
"Harry.", Louis interrupted me,"You Are great, probably the most well raised person I've ever met. Now let's just look for her again, maybe we'll find her.

Louis POV
I'm glad I could help Harry to calm down.
I went upstairs to her room again but she still wasn't there.
I thought, where could a 5-year-old possibly be. She can't leave the house bc she wouldn't be able to open all the doors and close them again, I looked around in the hallway upstairs. Mmmh nothing, I had a dumb idea but I bent down to HaileS height and looked around, where could she hide? I saw a small door, it could also count as a big window, could she? Nahhh. But what if? I slowly opened the mini door and in front of me I saw a little girl with puffy red eyes who was laying down on a big pillow and held a Niall action figure and a stuffed animal close to her chest.
A small room was visible, I couldn't even stand there but for her it was just the perfect size. I took a picture and send it to our group chat.
With seconds everyone was standing next to me, except for Liam who was still away.

Harry: my baby (he sat down next to her and put her in his arms and hugged her tightly)
Niall: that's where she was the whole time?
Louis: yeah seems like it
Zayn: sick, how did she find this room
Louis: I don't know but I bet she has been here before.
Harry: Let's take her to the sofa.
Zayn: good idea

Harry carried Hailey to the sofa and we followed, when we sat down she woke up with a sad and slightly frightened look on her little face. Seeing her like this makes me feel sad as well.
"Hi sweetheart", Harry said calmly," did you have a nice little nap?"
Hailey didn't do anything she just looked down while sitting on Harrys lap and playing with his fingers.

Liams POV
I hate myself I hate myself I hate myself! I'm a bad person, I don't deserve anything. I'm the worst parent or brother or guardian or whatever.
I drove our car through the city to clear my thoughts.
How can I make the situation good again? I think for now I will just drive home.

I parked our van and right when I wanted to open the door I heard Harry ask:"did you have a nice little nap?"
I waited and after a few seconds I heard a weak little voice:"I think Liam doesn't like me anymore"
My heart broke and I felt badder than I already did. I was mean to a 5-year-old who didn't sleep alone in her bed because she was scared. I feel so bad.
I opened the door.
Hailey immediately walked to me and hugged my legs and said:"Liam, I'm sorry that I was manilupating you" A small smile skipped on my face because she had trouble pronouncing manipulating.
"Can you forgive me please?"
I got down on my knees so we are face to face and I told her that she didn't do anything wrong and that it was my fault. I think she understood me and I'm glad to say that we're good again.
"Oh and something else I wanted to tell you the whole day Hailey, I love you"
She smiled and skipped around:"I love you too Liam"

____________________
Kyldkdkd I'm so sorry this chapter is like so cheesy and emotional😂 For my excuse, I was on my period writing it💀😂
Have a nice day/night🥰💕