《Episode 2》

" Their highnesses are here, your majesty! "  the guards bowed upon curtsey as the Royal highnesses were welcomed to the court room where the King was already seated on his throne.

"Greetings , father. " , they bowed and much to their surprise there were only them , king's best trusted four nobles , the court lady, few guards and the king himself. The meeting has been set as intimate as possible, they acknowledged.

" There is a reason why I summoned you three. " The three heard him with all ears. After a brief pause the king sighed , unusual of him acting defensively.

He stared with brooding eyes over the princess. "Unusual " she thought as the king had never appeared so fret as he seems now.

Breaking which seemed like a neverending silence, the crown prince asks, "Father, is something bothering you? It is a surprise to hear you summoned us, together, in the court room with only less to few people,. with you staying silent ."

"Na-ri , daughter. " The king again goes silent blinking his eyes for a few times after calling for his only daughter. It was more like a father calling for his daughter with a profound warmth, she never felt before.

The king was a tough man and indifferent to emotions like sadness or fear; but now, now was a father communicating to his children. He pulled himself together clearing his throat and coughing a few time to get rid of the burning sensation in his chest and throat which was probably muffling the words that must come out of his gape , or so, he thought.

" You are well known about the kingdom of Daegu, aren't you?"

"Yes, we are. It's one of the strongest kingdoms, now; with whom we wanted a diplomatic relationship with, both for political and economic reasons but unfortunately we haven't had a fair chance to find a mutual interest to build one. But, why do you ask about it,all of a sudden, father?" Taehyung, the second prince asked as he let out his knowledge upon the subjected mention of the kingdom. His eyes fixated towards the throne yet, didn't fail to capture his siblings' expressions. Although, the observations weren't clear enough to tell what the princess was thinking or how her mind rushed at the speed of the blood flowing in her veins.

"Yes, we just had the meeting about it father." Seokjin, the crown prince responded , his demeanour turning tensed every passing second as now he acknowledges what the king is about to say .

" The son of the King of Daegu will be announced as the crown prince soon and on this occasion, they have invited us to join them in the moment of their celebration. " He pause with glittery eyes and continued, "The King of Daegu have asked for your hand in marriage for his son." He says, gazing the princess with all adoration.

"It is indeed forseeable and possible for them to propose officially in front of everyone; especially, when all the high ranked people from different nations will be present in the celebration too. It is the bulls eye-chance! It would be a powerful move to display their alliances. " The king exclaims.

The princess's heart throbs in her chest at the mention of the marriage proposal. Her mind runs to every corner of her thoughts, through all the rooms in her heart ; leaving her with nothing but dizziness. Her frame shakes at the thought of being wedded off to the foreign yet familiar kingdom to her. She saw it coming but never thought it would be today, this very moment. Her desire to run away from the court room is very strong but; not strong enough to make her act recklessly when the moment she awaited since so long, the chance she anticipated for, was sitting as the invitation letter begging to be sealed with the Royal Great  seal as a mark of approval by the King , her father, only if she agrees the betrothal.

𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚎 (𝐌𝐢𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐢 𝐅𝐅)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें