《Episode 21》

"If you know the scent, you'll recognise who are among us..."

"So ,it's the scent I need to recognise...But, what scent? "

Knock! Knock!

"Your highness!"

Na-ri flutters her eyes open; her forehead damp and breathings heavy and unstable. Nothing has changed past few years. It's just as same as it happened back then. She sits up and finds herself on the bed. Her head hurts as if it'll explode. It's the hangover from last night. She drank too much. Something itching at the back of her throat irritates her more. A woman slides the curtains of the windows, to let the fresh air come in. Cold breeze touches her skin, the damp smell of greenery hits her nostrils. She feels like throwing up but holds back in.

"Your highness, I shall prepare a bath for you, " she smiles and bows.

The Princess nods. The feeling of vomiting out doesn't go away but returns again with a buzzing sound in her ears ; she covers her mouth and runs to the basin where she empties her stomach. What a sickening sight. The woman pats her back while she throws almost everything inside her, in the basin. After she's done, she sucks a deep breath in, rinsing her mouth and having some water to drink.

"It seems like you couldn't digest the alcohol, your highness." Two maidens chuckle secretively.

"Or is it what we are anticipating?!" The other maidens chuckles cheekily, elbowing one another. The Princess shoot a glare at their way resulting them to stop immediately, only for the fear of their life.

"It was your alcohol, cheap one if I say so myself. Huh!" Nari scoffs. It didn't please the maidens as they assume their signature poses- stiff with heads down, eyes fixated to the ground but, she could make that out--" These are loyal dogs of Daegu. They don't like a bad word against their nation. They take it as an insult to their own pride. " Seokjin said.

"Prepare me a fresh bath with milk and  rose petals in it." Yes, that's what she needs right now. 

The maidens look shocked as they pass a look amongst each other. Bewildered- if it must be put in certain sense. Nari frowns.

"What ? Did I demand for your both kidneys or hearts? Why are you all making such faces?" She starts to take her clothes off, piece by piece.

They drop on the floor and bow deep. "Your highness, I fear to break this to you but since our sailors have been looted by the 'pirates ' as they say , we have lost access to milk that was imported from far land and it's-... it's- ...it's really expensive. I don't think we have enough milk to even feed the Royalty. Your  highness , please forgive me!"

Nari assumes an indifferent look and just lifts her brows upward. "I see. Daegu is going through so much. " It comes out rather sarcastically but the women dare not to even look at her. "Go get some petals at least ." She turns around and wears her bathing robe - a see through, white, soft fabric, that tightly hugs her body perfectly in such a way that her intimate body parts are hidden for even the maiden to see. The maidens prepare a lukewarm bath with refreshing essence of lavender, rose petals , and rich fragrant oils with the goodnesses. It didn't seem any less than the Royal bath been prepared for Nari back in her homeland but she doesn't show the excitement of how she didn't expect them to prepare a similar one for her, here, in Daegu.