《Episode 10》

It's been past three days since the ceremony. The Princess feels restless in her chambers. She feels stired up; walking restlessly around the room, she finally halts and heaves a sigh.

She needs something familiar to calm herself down. But, her father had returned to Gwacheon and Seokjin had left to petrol the Kingdom of Daegu as he wished to survey the land and the borders, and Kyung granted his wish to do so. While Nari had to stay at the Grand Palace for the day, keeping her safety in mind, she's prohibited from stepping out of the Palace borders, at least until her wedding with Min Yoongi.

"Yes! That's right! I'm not allowed outside the gates but nevertheless I can roam around the Palace," the Princess snaps her fingers in excitement as the place she wishes to visit, to calm her nerves down was within the Palace. No offense to the regulations! She squealed with satisfaction.

" Is there anyone ?" She calls for someone outside her chambers. A court lady enters and courtesies.

"Yes, your highness?"

"I wish to visit the Royal Lake," the maidens accompany the Princess to her desired destination.

It's mid past day, the Sun shining, clouds clear and air ? Fresh! The earthly fragrance hit her nostrils again. 'It isn't that hot as the summer days usually are...' she thinks to herself, enjoying the atmosphere that surrounded her. Calm, that's what she feels near water. It has always been like that. Even back in Gwacheon she had her favourite hiding place.

She walks closer to the lake and admire the view, when!

Rustle ~
Rustle ~

"Oh sister? Hello!" Nari flinches by the deep voice so familiar to her. Taehyung walks closer to her from behind the tree. "Oh, did I take you by surprise?" He gasps and chuckles, putting his hand over his mouth in a dramatic way. A pure annoyance  to her Royal Highness.

" Why do you creep me out like a bug you are? Huh?" She rolls her eyes and turns towards the lake. Her decreasing tone didn't please her brother. He turns silently. Unusual.

"I didn't knew I'd come across you here, " she says, no teasing tone detected. She turns and looks at Taehyung.

"As if I dreamt it last night, " he scoffs softly. Nari observes him silent, for a minute or two and then turns back towards the lake water. Taehyung gets up and collects some pebbles and throws one in water...1...2...3..4..and it drowns.

Another round! 1...2...3...4...5 and it drowns again. Taehyung sighs.

"You must be happy now that I'll be gone, " Nari says smiling mockingly.

Taehyung looks at her with a straight face as he speaks, " You wouldn't believe me on this, but..." he lets something settle in him and takes a deep breath before speaking further.
" I don't get a good feeling about this...this ..."

"...this...??" The Princess raises her eyebrows and urges him to complete his sentence but he turns away, leaving her dumbfounded.

"Nevermind. I m-must be overthinking. It isn't like Daegu would want a war to break by hurting you in anyway," he blinks his eyes as the words came out more like loathed with uncertainty, into whispers. The Princess sighs. She's already bothered enough, by the situation, and now, his brother acting strangely was only adding up to her stress, triggering her nerves. Wasn't he the one who was pushing their father to get her married? What's now making him uncertain and doubtful about his suggestion? She doesn't know.