《Episode 16》

Tap-tap!

"You?" Yoongi blinks a few times, his mouth slightly hung open.

"We don't have time to talk," Nari says sternly. She observes Yuna and scoffs lightly, "Useless fellow..." she mutters.

"Why are you here?" He questions.

"What do you mean? Oh! Did I interrupt your lovey-dovey shit?" She smiles mockingly and straightens her tangled skirt, her wedding skirt. Yes, she's still in it. The only thing that was missing was her upper robe which, now was in her hand, haphazardly rolled around her palm, the male noticed. The yellow samhuijan jeogori (jacket worn underneath the robe) now, covered in splashes of blood. Her sweaty face, solemn orbs, messed up hair, creased skirt, narrated her efforts well, as a Princess, as the future Queen and, most importantly, as a worrier. She isn't a pretty Princess who wait for her husband to come save her. She's independent. She's a woman. And, in fact, a Royalty.

The Prince doesn't react to her sarcasm and sighs softly. So, he was right about her. She can take care of herself.

"W-we should leave, " Yuna interjects. Her trembling frame, quivering lips and damp eyes shatteres Yoongi's heart. His eyes soften at her, cupping her face he nods. "No one can hurt you. Do you understand? None!" He whispers in his soft voice.

Clang!

"Yaaah! " The sharp blades clanger, the noise echoes in the empty, dead hall. The figure collapses on the floor. The other two witness, the Princess make another kill, skillfully.
She twiches her lips to the side and turns to leave when, the Prince speaks.

"Leaving the hall? It's the safest here for you, both." He walks closer to her," Stay here with Yuna," he offers.

Nari scoffs. Narrowing her dark eyes, she asks,"Why do you care what's safe for me or not?"

"It's-"

"Or you want me to keep her safe for you ?" She raises an eyebrow, suggesting, cutting off the male. " Either way, I decline. I've responsibilities. I'm not a pretty lady who sits and wait till all the men in the court dies, so that I stay alive. I'm not a coward, I'm a worrior!" Yoongi couldn't contemplate words and the weight of something intangible draws his eyes towards the ground. The Princess turns around and walks away without another word.

"Your brother asked me to protect you, and as your husband...I'll, " He raises his head to walk towards her direction. Something snaps his statement, the lad leaps on his spot.

A javelin was thrown at him which he dodged, thankfully. "What the hell?!" As bewildered as he was by the Princess's move, he turns around hearing the scream of a man behind himself. He's about to attack him however, the Princess hit him first.
He looks back at her.

"First take care of yourself, your highness," raising her eyebrows she adds,  " I cannot let my father and brothers fight alone." she exits the hall. Yoongi stays the same way, seated on the floor, palms supporting his frame. He doesn't even care to answer the lady beside him, inspecting his blood oozing arm as the javelin scratched his skin, not deep but enough to flow the scarlet.

"Your highness! Are you alright?" Hoseok knelt down in courtesy to his Prince. Yoongi gestures him and takes a few seconds before speaking. He now acknowledges his warlord's presence. Something for sure had it's way into his mind to make him this absent minded.

"Take Yuna to a safer place," he commands.

"But what about you-"

"I'll follow the Princess." With that he walks away but, before leaving he turns towards Yuna to which she simply nods. Her tears strained face and chapped lips made him bite his bottom lip. He huffs. He sure will make the intruders pay for the mess they have made on already stressful day.

Fighting through his way out he watches a female fighting with the  selfsame skills as himself. Nabi.

"Where the hell have you been?" She grits her teeth while slaying the rebels. Yoongi didn't answer her question. Instead, he questions her," Where's the Princess of Gwacheon?"

"Huh? You are the husband, I suppose," she pants heavily.

"Who are they ? They don't seem like the people of Busan," he asks, observing their skills. Somehow they seem familiar, their fighting techniques...

A honking of a blowing instrument, which probably was supposedly a signal to the rivalries. The army of slayers pushes the soldiers of the Palace and run away from the main yard.

"Make sure none gets to leave! I want them! Dead or Alive," Kyung commands his force. They go around hunting the slayers. Fire dancing the lane made it even hard to breathe in the smog.

"Father! Brother! " Nari comes running towards them in search of the Gwacheon Royalties. Well, her dread was dedicated to her father and brothers. She pants heavily. Seokjin who's cut near the abdominal part creeps a faded smile. He sits on the ground with a thug. His limbs heavy and exhausted.

Hung-seo and Taehyung comes running towards where Seokjin knelt down on the ground. He sure was dizzy due to blood loss. But, the warm smile that he'd masked never left his features, for his sister. The Princess was a howling, bowling her eyes out watching her brother in such state.

"I won't spare them! " she shouts in agony.

"Someone, please call the medic!" She cries. The guilt sting at the back of her throat. Her feet felt numb.

"I'll be alright, my lady! Don't worry-" another cramp cut the eldest son of Hungseo mid, trying to laugh it out but fails.

"Your maj-jesty, the-they slipped- " The man in Gwacheon armours informed.

"They escaped?!" Kyung who was far mad about the situation shouts.

"Let's get back to the Palace first! Our people needs help," Hung-seo says, trying hard to sound calm.

The staff helps to take care of the injured Prince. They all head towards the main Grand Royal Palace, the emperor's Palace.

"Did anyone saw Nari?" Taehyung inquires abruptly while getting his injured back dressed.

"What do you mean? Wasn't she here-" Seokjin sighs. The two look at each other, both knowing very well what she must be upto. They sigh in unison. Taehyung tries to walk up to the threshold however the eldest stops him. "Don't. She needs to be with her husband now. She must be with him by this hour. " He looks over the younger nonchalantly. The other clenches his jaws and nods simultaneously. He heads back to his chambers.

Seokjin shuffle in his drawer and holds the precious, delicately. He smiles softly. Keeping it under his head pillow, he closes his eyes to rest. Unknowingly, the object always calms him down and drives him towards his much needed shut eyes on the days he feels restless or hurt or sorry for his younger sister. He wishes, "Only if you were here, mother. " A drop of sorrow slips from his eyes.

_______________________________________________
(A/N)

Happy Suga Day!

Ik it's almost over,the day. But, I made it before midnight lol🤣
I'm back with an update and I really wanted to update today on his day, so, here you go!

Please don't forget to vote and let me know about your thoughts in the comments' section!♡

I hope you know that you are loved !