《Episode 4》

" Your highnesses, please follow my lead. Here, these are your chambers, your highness. " The hand maiden shows Taehyung his chambers earning a smirk from him.

" Ah! I'm worned out. I'll see you around my dear siblings!!" He waves his hands at the other two and straight away heads inside his allotted chambers, bopping his head to the humming tune he sang, his deep voice fades into the obscure of the dimly lit rooms.

" Your highness, please, this way. " Seokjin nods to the maiden who's leading him to his own chambers, now.

" I'll see you around, Nari. Just call for me if you need me. Hmm?" He rested his arm on the princess's head and gave her a pat. The girl just nodded with a reassuring smile. " See you soon!"

She gets escorted to her chambers: the gloomy mood of the room suffocates her , walking past the obscure she reaches out for the curtains and slides them in attempt to get the sunlight into the room through the window.

" Should I call for help, your highness?" her handmaiden hesitates and asks her, watching her struggle with the curtains. She was jumping and hopping on her feet to slide them to the sides.

"No! It's...I can do it myself!" The royal maids turn concern about her hurting herself in the process. They try to stop Nari.

"Your highness, you'll get hurt like that. A princess must not jump like that." The distressed woman literally begs the princess to halt her attempts. A thug sound jolts her. The scene infront of her eyes terrified her to the extent she almost cried for help.

" YOUR HIGHNESS!!"

The curtains fall over the princess, her butt crashed on the hard ground with a thug sound. The poor girl couldn't even make her head around to take in--what happened-- was her falling on the floor laying flat on the ground. The sunlight penetrating from the now-open-window falls on the princess's honey skin through the fabric (curtains) engulfing her in its warmth.

Unexpectedly her reaction to the occurrence was that, she starts laughing while holding onto the fabric, and looks at her handmaiden from Gwacheon. The women were too stunned to speak in the room. They helped her raise up from the ground on her two feet.

" Now that's what a room of mine would look like!" She smiled sheepishly. The poor handmaiden on the urge of bowling her eyes out , bows down infront of the princess, "Your highness, please don't do this again. What would I've answered to his highness if something happened to you-" , "Oh ! Miss Choi. Nothing would have happened to me. Relax~" As much as the woman was frustrated by Nari she wasn't in a position to scold her any further. She just heaved a deep sigh.

The princess gets up and plops on her bed. Her one hand rests on her forehead and the other by her side, the thoughts and incidents lingers in her mind from the day's occurrences. All of them, the incidents, cringes her to the edge as she recalls the King's laughter. Her thoughts drifts towards her situation, how she came here to Daegu, the unofficial marriage proposal and the crown prince her to-be betrothed husband. Thinking about the crown prince her closed eyes focused on the moment they arrived and he was nowhere to be seen , rather the emperor himself came to greet them? Isn't that the crown prince's duty to greet their special guests? He didn't even accompany his father?

Everything just added onto her frustration and anxiety at the moment. She scratches her scalp and threw her hands in the air, " I DON'T KNOW!" She blurted out loudly. All this time she didn't notice anyone except her own inner conflict, hence,  failed to acknowledge someone was asking her something, the maiden.

The maiden who suggested her to take a refreshing bath first , drop on her knees and bows down low in pure terror , thinking she offended the princess, cried trembling, " I-I deser-serve to be be-beheaded, your highness! M-my apologies !"

This, snaps Nari back to reality out of her reverie, now guilty of her misbehaviour, she gets up and stops the woman from apologising, for she had done wasn't wrong.

" I'm sorry... I just-" the girl sighs. "I didn't mean it... " the lady looks up towards her, her teary eyes made the princess feel guilty. " Yes, please do prepare a warm bath for me. It's much in need, right now," she rubs her face to relax her nerves a bit.

The other maidens help her; refreshing herself, changed her mood to a better one.

The court lady enters her highness's chamber. The princess dressed in light yet royal attire: elegantly sequined with silver designs and patterns on the soft fabric of her blouse accompanied with a comfortable lower body necessities (trousers). Her fingers elegantly fixing her hair pin as she humes asking the reason for the court lady's presence.

"His majesty wishes to see you, hence, has invited you and their highnesses for a Royal dinner tonight, your highness, " she bows.

"Tonight? "

"Yes, your highness!"

"Hmm...so? Will the Royal family be present there too?"

" Yes, of course, your highness!" The princess smirks lightly. " He wishes to welcome your Royal highnesses to the kingdom of Daegu. " the lady smiles fondly.

" I must look good! Help me with picking up the best adornments that suits me the best!" The lady claps her hands signalling other maidens to bring the necessities.

The princess walks up to the door and steps out of her chambers. Her skin tickles by an evening cold breeze, relaxing her. She's calmer than before and confident enough to face any foreign issues. Maids follows her and escorts her to the destination.

On the way, again, a colder breeze: refreshing, shivering and chilled one runs goosebumps all over her body.

"It's so chilly here..." , " Here's a lake in the Palace , your highness, " the court lady smiles at Nari.

" I'd love to visit it , if it's allowed?"  she smells the earthly fragrance.

" It's for Royalties, your highness..." the lady smiles yet again.

"Oh! I guess, I'm not allowed..."

" You are among the Royalties, your highness," the lady giggles. The princess nods.

A pair of female eyes following her frame as she halts on her way. In her 20s, she passes by the princess, who seemed older than herself, whilst staring at her, she walks utterly shut. The other maidens hurriedly urges the princess not to stop on the track as it was getting delayed for the Royal dinner. She nods .

The wooden grand dinner table's decorated with golden ornaments and beautiful yet rare flowers ; people sited surrounding it , the more the princess walks nearer to the table the more the familiar faces recognises her , greeting her with warm smiles. Except a few. They were totally foreign to her but she stays indifferent. Nari bows upon curtsy to them , " Greetings!"

The King gestures her to take her seat beside her eldest brother.

" You look beautiful!" Seokjin whispers silently to his sister. She smiles back.

" So everyone seems to be here! Shall we get started your majesty?" A mid-aged female, well dressed in Royal attire with golden patches of patterns designed her overcoat urges the King. It didn't took long for the princess to recognise who she was.

________________________________________________

(A/n)

I just realised, I Updated on Christmas  lmao. So take it as Christmas gift from me😂💜