《Episode 6》

<After the King of Gwacheon told them about the unofficial marriage proposal >

Click-clack~
Click-clack~

Knock! knock!

"You know you don't have to knock on the door, Nari... Come in," Seok-jin turns around towards the direction of the door of his chambers.

"Do you have something to say?" He sighs deeply whilst again turning towards the documents he was going through previously. She walks closer to where he seated.

"I love you ," Seokjin turns towards her , shock easily register able on his features. Nari chuckles softly. She sits on the chair beside him.

"What happened? " he asks her, still stunned by her words.

"Thank you for always caring for me, my dear brother!" She hugs him like a child. A few moments had passed as her eyes damps at the thought she has to leave him, her kingdom, her people, her home, to succeed, succeed in keeping her promise, the promise she gave to them and swore to herself . Her reverie breaks when her brother holds her tightly in his embrace.

"I miss mother..." She whispers.

"I miss her too... She would have been the happiest person in the whole kingdom of Gwacheon, " Seokjin says his voice dropping low. Nari nods slowly.

"You've always been there for me. Even at-" a hiccup cuts her mid sentence, she now registered that she's sobbing in his arms. Letting herself call for her subconscious she asks herself 'Is it going to be worth it?'

A whimper catching her breath in her chest, tightens her throat, she tries to talk, to even speak a simple sentence but fails.

" It's okay...let yourself be. Don't hold it back..." these words of her brother lets her access to breakdown.
Many thoughts ringing in her ears as one encourages her to keep going her way , the way she chose and decided to walk on and the other wants to stop her with all their might. They tell her things, things that messes with her mind, easily breaking her down into the crumbled pieces she was. This was all in her head.

She clutches his sleeves harder.

People around her took her as a brave one, strong headed, wise, cunning and so on ... a lady of honour. The Royalty with a graceful personality.

"Don't ever dare to think that you'll ever be alone! Whenever you feel that way you must try to take a look , at your back, I won't be too far away from you..." She cries harder. " You'll always be precious to me, Nari, and everyone here, father , our people," she nods. " Especially... to our mother, she'll guide you..." he added. The Princess slowly looks at him, calming herself down she attempts to slightly smile, eyes glittery with love she beholded for him.

" I know, y-you are (sucks air in) you'll always be by my side. I trust you with all I have, brother. "

"It's alright to feel weak at times but that makes your nose turn red and I can see the mucous dripping from it. So now stop crying!"

The both siblings laugh making the air light. The female inhales sharply huffing in between the process.

" But remember a thing! Since you're going to be the next Queen you may be subject to betrayals and unexpected troubles. So be careful..." he moves a damp strand of hair off her forehead and pecks it lightly, the way he did when she was a toddler. Her now smiling face reminds him of the old, past and spent days they had together. Somewhat tightening his throat, but he stops himself from getting emotional as he's a listener at the moment. She grins and moves away out of his embrace.

"I know that...but.." she contemplates her next words and takes a brief pause.

"But?" Encouraging her to speak further.

"I had a question but I'll ask you once it's the correct time!" She smiles reassuringly whipping her tear stained face, clean.

"Nari, I know you are intelligent and won't get into a pit of traps that easily but you must try to know your husband and give him a fair chance to get to know you. And if you find something unsettling don't forget to tell me,hmm? There maybe many things which looks shining but not all what shines is gold! You must find out who are in your favour and who are threat for you. Even..." he sighs before looking at her into her eyes, she holds the same with intensity, and he completes his half-spoken, " ...your future husband. "

Nari scoffs softly. " I know " she mouthed while nodding. They both knew about the danger awaited her and they both were certain about her capabilities. The Princess smirks lightly at her brother, understanding her self awareness, Seokjin smiles spontaneously.

"By the way, I like silver more!" The Princess winks at him. The Crown Prince getting the joke laughs.

"You're getting good at that, huh?"

"I've learned from the best!" She shrugs her shoulders playfully.

So deep in their conversation, the siblings didn't care to acknowledge the presence of someone outside the chambers. They smile.

The person smiles and leaves the threshold.

"By the way, I had a question for you, Nari," says Seokjin as Nari's smile fades replaced by a serious one.
She nudges her head indicating him to continue.

"I won't beat behind the bush," she nods sitting in a more comfortable position than before. "Are you hiding something from me?...like, something I'm supposed to know...," She looks at him, now every emotion drained out of her trance giving her a better hold of herself. Her eyes turn serene, Seokjin well aware of her answer attempts to put a serious look.

'She would...'

"There..."

'...deny...'

"...isn't much. I'd let you know when the time's right..."

He sighs. Why did he even give it a try? Now that she got to know about his doubts on her, has only alerted her about her actions more. She'd cover herself with more perfection.

"I think it's getting late, I must head back to my chambers. It's refreshing to be able to talk to you, brother. " She gets up, and walks towards the exit, when Seokjin speaks making her halt in her tracks.

"Just be careful not to do something stupid in your passion towards him," the Prince completed his sentence with a stern tone. "Especially not keeping the kingdom in line," the statement piercing and creasing her heart.

Nari turns her head to side, only giving her brother to have access to watch her half expression as she speaks in the dim light " Don't worry about it, my nation comes first to me," Seokjin nods. And with that she departs with constant heavy steps.

________________________________________________

(A/N)
Hey! People,
What do you think about the story going till now ?
I've many things to tell tbh, and you've to wait for the story to continue! 😉

I hope you vote and say your opinions upon the story in the comments section. It'll really motivate me as I would get to know that people are reading my work. 🙂
I'm really a lazy person and hit demotivation really quick lol. I hope I'll hear from you :)