《Episode 18》

"Y-yes, it's cold outside, " the Prince's expressions are gentle as he says.

The Princess looks at him. Her orbs serene as the undisturbed still water of the sea but indefinable like the shallow water in the old lake. She looks away, towards the candle flickering from the cold wind passing through the window. Her heart thumps in her chest hearing the threat of the wind to the candles, like it's daring to ignite even in a situation that's against it. The candles are fighting to survive in the given situation, to fulfill their purpose, even if it means they have to burn quicker than the others in the room, they may even lose their light but, they have to burn until they can. Maybe, she wouldn't have opened the window, maybe she would have choose the other way. But, what's done, is done! She cannot change the fact that she and her choices are the reason why the candles- spent, flickered and dropped their light. It was because of her choice to fulfil her own need to smell the fresh air against the price of the candle light. Barter system. That's what the means of real life is, isn't it? Even if there are usage of coins: gold, silver, bronze but; even now when things come to the reality, we get a check with the give and take policy.

The male observing the Princess's immobility and diverted gaze, draws his hand back and places on his own lap. He pokes the inner side of his cheek with his tongue; he scratches his head to get rid of something that's pinching his scalp. He loosens his headgear and removes the black fabric which secured his hair completely in itself. Few locks fall on his face and the other around his shoulders, cascading down loose. He heaves a heavy shaky breath. He gets up and walks to the table placed in the room, refreshments and drinks placed on it.

Nari registered the absence beside herself. She looks at him, stunned.

"G-Golden hair?" She mumbles, inaudible to any ears. This cannot be real, no? It is a very rare trait to have blonde hair in Asians. How does he have them? And why, only now, does she have registered it? She walks closer to him absent mindedly. Her steps are as light as the feathers, absolutely making no noise.

"Today. Did you hurt yourself anywhere?" Yoongi asks. Though worries weren't laid on the words and she could make it. But still, he remembered to ask it, even though for formalities. She scoffs lightly. He turned at the mean time, somewhat catching her off guard. The Princess isn't in her best state right now, but ,however, she pulls off the act as professionally as an actress would. She does- which probably he didn't expect her to do in the least: smile. Smile at him. Though a brief and short one but still it amused him, he nod when the female shows the sign of denial.

Something mesmerised her, is it his demeanour? Hair? The way he smells that now linger in the room? It sure is his scent. Or the way he distanced himself the moment she was uncomfortable? She fails to acknowledge her feelings, right now.

"He must be more uncomfortable and forced for tonight. " She argues her instincts.

The Princess walks closer, towards him. She sighs softly. "He didn't leave...instead, he's sitting, he's attempting...to converse?" Nari thinks to herself with unwavering expressions.

"Do you drink, Princess?" He asks in his baritone voice, almost came out as flatly.

The Princess narrows her eyes; she doesn't speak.

"Oh, yes! Of course you do, " he looks at her, a small smirk playing over his features. "Last night. "He pauses.

Nari knitted her brows and clenched her jaws. "Does he know?"
He smiles at her, unconsciously she reflects back a same brief smile.

"Please, " he gestures, " take the seat, " beside himself there's a floor chair. She hesitates but sits. "I couldn't thank you for yesterday night, " her heart thumps in her chest. "Thank you for saving me," he says.