《Episode 27》

Nari reaches for the candles and puts them out one by one. Her hair falls cascading down around her shoulders and hips. Her night gown is simple, made of cotten imported from southern part of Asia. She's not wearing any jewelry, it seems heavy for her tried form right now or she doesn't care much.

Something is bugging her in the back of the mind but she chooses to be ignorant as always, at least, for this very moment.

"Will he really spend his night in his mistress's chamber? That won't be so good for my image and position here... I need to be respected in this place and to do that...I shouldn't loose my temper and let that woman have him. It all starts slowly and gets complicated after." Nari sighs as she continues to think, who she wants to be in this new place and what position she should be able to establish.

As much as she hates to admit it but she needs him for establishing herself, first! This place has different rules than where she's been brought up. It's a land where women are nothing but an obedient listener and a comfort to her husband. So be it! She'll do whatever is needed to secure her position and then...

"Then it'll be much easier to change the misogynistic rules. But first I need to be an ally to Min Yoongi. Once this marriage seems secured enough it'll be much easier to propose my ideas to him," she's smiling silently, "I shouldn't have picked a fight with him. At least he thought to check on me by the lake today. I think a bath might have really cleared my mind." The Princess regrets as she reflects upon her actions. Her face turns dull as the flickering light of a candle that is about to get spent reflects on her features; her chain of thoughts get disturbed once she hears a gust of wind enter the room and tickle her sensitive ears.

The door to the side window opens slightly; the night sky is as gloomy as before, actually it's more than before. The moon hid under the thick gloomy clouds. She wishes not to get wet in the rain if it pours down. She doesn't like rain. It leaves a bittersweet taste on her tongue.

"How did the window open?" She walks closer to shut the window but her eyes immediately dilates bigger than their usual size as she watches the thunder strike in the sky between the dark, thick clouds. It's her favourite sight. Thunderstorms are what that comforts her when everything fails to. It's like the sky is wailing in pain. It's the best thing! Now that it's a storm, she adores the weeping sky. The sound hits her eardrums and her heart fills with warmth. Her heart beats like it probably would for the sight of ones long lost lover meeting them again. A smirk creeps up on her lips.

The doors of the room, she is in, opens slowly making a creepy sound. The Princess frowns in obscurity.

"I swear, I'll eat the scented candles or incense sticks or whatever the hell it is!" The Princes looks around, trying to adjust to the poorly lit room. "Is she a witch or a dangerous shaman, who likes to live in the dark or what?"

He walks further but gets imbalanced and almost trips. He tries to swing his body on the other direction and ends up hitting a corner of what seemed like a table. His side hurts. It does so badly that it burns as if his bones are on fire. In short, it hurts a lot. He shrinks himself for a while to rub the affected part of his body.

The Princess is watching him , still standing by the window side, dumbfounded of what is he doing here and how clumsy his steps are ? Is he drunk?

Shouldn't she be helping him and say comforting words if she wants to be on his good side, as she thought earlier? But still even after acknowledging what she must be doing, she doesn't move an inch from her position. And to add on that she's staring at him as if a wild animal would look at its prey.

The thunder lightning sticks again, glistening her still damp skin and her eyes seem to be made of amber in them.

The view of the Prince is just all over the place.