0 | Prologue

© Copyright 2021
®All Rights Reserved

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

" Where is she? " - Those were the first words spoken by Roux Addington as he stopped before the receptionist at the lobby. By now, the employees at the hospital couldn't care less about his outlook. It was something they had grown accustomed to. His appearance after being phoned about another of his wife's near death attack always had something to say through his outlook.

He had probably rushed all the way from his company to the hospital to be there- to make sure she was still breathing despite her failing heart. It was either his band had snapped off his curls, or his clothes were disheveled- something was always there to give off his love and concern regarding his childhood love.

" Top floor. PR 6 " the receptionist handed the man a key card and he snatched it from her hand before he took off again. Everyone could see how worried Roux Addington was about his wife's health. Dark bags had begun forming underneath his eyes due to the stress. It was either a call from his company or a call from the hospital or a call from his children's school.

As soon as the elevator stopped, the doors opened and Roux dashed out- straight towards the door labelled with a number six. Once he found it, he barged into the room and instantly spotted a nurse standing beside his wife's bed- holding a medical clipboard. His eyes darted to his wife's conscious form, and he rushed towards her immediately.

The woman was breathing with the assistance of the oxygen mask placed around her nose. Her eyes glinted as they spotted her husband, and her hand immediately reached out to him, craving his touch.

Roux took a sit on the bed besides his pale wife and took her hands in his before placing a kiss on both of them without taking his eyes off her, like he feared she would disappear.

" How many? "

The nurse, already knowing what he meant had answered - " three valves "

Roux had let out a cuss in a low voice and Thea hearing it had glared at him- silently reprimanding him for his choice of words, but Roux couldn't care less. Thea was suffering from a heart valve disease, and she needed a transplant as soon as possible, but unfortunately, there hadn't been any donors even with her being at the top of the list.

Kidney, liver, and blood donors were one thing, but hearts were another. The heart was like the most important thing giving life and Thea was slowly losing hers with just one working valve in her heart opening and closing properly. Roux was surprised Thea was still alive considering the majority of the blood flow through her heart to her body had been disrupted.

" Excuse us Cassy, thank you " Thea said to her with a charming smile after she had taken off her oxygen mask. The girl had surely been a beauty- even with her sickness and paling skin tone, she still looked beautiful.

The couple's eyes followed the kind nurse like that of a hawk as she exited the room with a wink before they fully focused on each other.

" What do you want me to do now? " Roux asked his wife teasingly and she shook her head with a warm smile. He knew her too well. To the rest of the world, the twenty-six-year-old billionaire would be seen as cold, but to his wife and his children- he was undoubtedly what they wanted in a husband and a father.