4 | Not so bad

Chapter 4

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Raina McCoy was already conscious by the time the soft hues had cleared from the sky to reveal the morning sun. A smile stretched out on her face and she got up and slipped her feet into some cozy slippers.

She was hell-bent on waking up earlier so as to get the twins ready for school and greet Roux Addington, unlike the last morning. After getting ready for the day and plaiting her natural virgin curls into two thick braids, she exited her room.

Her slippers padded against the expensive tiles of the hallway as she trusted her memory to lead her to the right rooms which had been shown to her the other day.

Upon reaching there, she decided to head into Ethan Addington's room first due to him being younger and the less mature one of the twins. Her fingers curled around the door knob, and she twisted it open and stepped into the room.

The room was adorned to fit Ethan Addington's boyish taste. Soft colors of baby blue, white, orange, green, yellow, and brown did great jobs in making the room appear more lively, vibrant and beautiful. A large bed was placed in the middle of the room where Ethan slept on, one of his legs sticking out of the comfortable looking duvet as a line of drool was etched to the corner of his slightly opened mouth.

A smile spread out on her face and she shook her head at the sight of the young boy snoring on his bed with some dried drool etched on the side of his lips. She walked towards the large bed and sat on it before brushing the boy's willful curls backwards, causing him to stir in his sleep and roll over.

" Come on, Ethan. You have to wake up or else you would be late for school..." she rubbed on the boy's stomach, and he smiled in his sleep.

" Just a minute, Aunt Barbara..." he mumbled before shoving his face into the pillow.

Barbara Emsworth had always been the one to get the twins up and ready for school, even during the period Thea Addington was present in the mansion. It only made sense that the little boy assumed she was the older woman.

With a smile, Raina McCoy shook her head and left the boy to sleep before leaving to set a warm bath for him first. Stepping into the bathroom, she was again starstrucked at the appearance of the massive bathroom.

The granite walls were made of a blue and white colors, matching every other item visible in Ethan Addington's bathroom. Raina took note of the one-way glass before the boy's bathtub, and her brows shot up in surprise.

Roux Addington was not joking after all, meaning she could have a bit of peace when she took a shower from the time onwards.

After setting a warm bath for Ethan, Raina exited his bathroom and shook her head once again when she saw the boy still sleeping.

" You have had a lot of time, now come on Ethan. You have to take your bath..." She tried to reason, but the boy only whined in return.

With a disapproving tut, Raina picked the boy gently by his sides and rested his head on her shoulder before walking into his bathroom.

After many sighs, groans, yelps and whines, Raina McCoy had finally slipped the boy into his school uniform and gotten him ready for school.

Now, she stood before him with slightly narrowed eyes, and he gave her a sheepish smile in return before she took his smaller hand in hers. Her shirt was soaking wet, and she had squeezed the fabric dry some minutes ago to avoid the water dripping down on the tiles.