2 | Newest Trending Style

Chapter 2

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was still the early hours of the afternoon and the sun was out still out, shining and sharing its glory. The month was one of the hottest months in London and Ethan and Emma Addington had not yet returned from their private school, meaning Raina had not yet gotten the opportunity to meet them.

"- and this is Emma's room. Emma is extremely fond of her privacy despite being just five, " Roux pointed at the white colored door at their left with Emma's name adorning it before his finger shifted to an identical one opposite it with Ethan's name on it.

" And that is Ethan's, as you can see. Both their rooms are on the second floor and mine is on the third, " he explained as he walked off again with Raina trailing behind him.

" How are the twins like? " She asked softly as she finally matched his pace and stood beside him. He increased his pace, wanting to stand alone, and she let out an inaudible huff and finally gave up in trying to catch up with him.

" Emma is older by four minutes. She is the closed-off one and trusts hardly. You would have to earn her trust before she warms up to you, while Ethan is easy going "

A smile unconsciously spread out on Raina's face as she continued to walk up the stairs with him. She could not wait to meet them and being too engrossed in her thoughts of wondering what they looked like, she had not noticed when he stopped walking and bumped into him in result.

" Sorry..." her cheeks warmed up as she looked away from him and found interest in her overfixed shoes instead. She had embarrassed herself enough for a day.

" This is my room " Roux pointed at the only black door in the house and she finally looked up to stare at it. The door was pure black. There were no engravings on it or anything of that sort, which had Raina wondering what type of things were behind the door.

" It is off limits. Don't ever go in there " he said as he narrowed his eyes slightly at her. Raina's heart spiked up in fear and she avoided his gaze. Luckily for her, the period where she used to suffer from androphobia had been over.

Then, she was just a teenage newbie in the unknown streets of London with the fear of men as a result of her past. Now, she had realized they were part of the world she lived in and there was no way to avoid them all.

" Okay, I won't " she assured him with a soft voice, and he stared at her for a second before nodding his head and walking away. They had finally and successfully completed an almost full tour of the mansion.

She had discovered that the mansion was in a secluded part of Knightsbridge which was the poshest neighborhood to visit in London. She didn't even stay here to begin with, which had her wondering how Thea Addington had found her in the first place. The place she worked and lived weren't places that could accommodate a person who was well-heeled.

" Come with me, Miss McCoy " Roux ordered as he treaded down the flight of stairs over to the library - the last and final place she hadn't been to yet. Roux stopped before the massive doors and unlocked them before walking inside the gigantic room.

A gasp left the lips of Raina McCoy, and she had to stop herself from rushing into the huge room and running around like a headless chicken. She stepped into the massive room and he shut the door behind her and focused fully on her reaction, observing her. But she wasn't focused on the man behind her. Instead, she was focused on the high and extensive walls with built-in shelves.