10 | Gruesome Gatherings

Chapter 10

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The morning sunlight streamed through the gaps from Roux Addington's curtains which had not covered the large windows completely. A groan left his lips as he turned over, rubbing the dirt off the corners his eyes while he felt for his phone.

Once his fingers curled around the sleek, cold device, he instantly drew it towards himself and pressed on the power button. Immediately, a bunch of messages and emails attacked his notifications, one catching his eye from George Addington, his father.

George Addington never messaged or phoned Roux unless the matter was important and so the notification took Roux Addington by surprise. Tapping on the message, his eyes skimmed through the words and he let out a groan and tossed his phone besides him carelessly before sitting up straight and running his hand through his long curls. His band had snapped again.

‘ Call me as soon as you get this message ’, were George Addington's words which had been sent more than half an hour ago.

Letting out a huff, Roux threw his legs over the bed and dressed it himself before heading into his closet to grab fresh towels. Roux could have gotten a whole city of house maids if he wished but then his late mother would get up from her grave and shred him to pieces. She never liked the thought of strangers doing the work of a person when he or she still had working hands.

Thanks to her, he turned out as an organized man today which also helped in his business.

The cook was a different story in a whole. If Roux Addington had not hired Caldwell Loughty then he would have been dead before his mother came back from the grave to kill him. Either from food poisoning or he would have burnt down along with his mansion.

Stepping out of the massive bathroom, Roux immediately trudged into his large walk in closet, a towel hung low on his hips. He instantly chose to head towards the clothing section filled with casual outfits before picking up a matching pair and getting dressed in it.

His bare toes curled as his feet made contact with the hardwood flooring of his bedroom, immediately losing the warmth from the warmth of the closet rug. As if on cue, a harsh ring sounded from his phone and he let out a sigh and walked towards it, taking note that it was George Addington calling.

The man had been patiently waiting for an expected call from Roux and he knew his son well enough to know that he was not still asleep by this time and the man had checked his phone and definitely seen his message. He always made sure he stood out.

Releasing another sigh, Roux swiped on the answer button and connected to George Addington's line. Roux and George had no bad blood with each other, the only problem was that ever since Harriet Addington arrived, the man had almost forgotten him and focused on pleasing his new children, convincing them he was the best replacement to their old father just like Harriet tried to do with Roux. Roux knew better and after some time, Roux stopped bothering about trying to get the man's attention and focused on his company.

" Father " Roux voiced out flatly as soon as he answered the call, the cold device stiffly pressed against his left ear. He did majority of his things with his left hand considering he was a left handed man.

" Son. I am willing to bet your company and the newest custom-made diamond vase that was delivered to me just last night that you saw my message. Yes? "

" I did "

" Thank you for your honesty. I texted to inform you that you are to be at the family mansion for a get-together taking place today. Bring my grandchildren and Raina along with you. I have been elated about seeing her once again, good woman you have there " The man chuckled to himself, bringing the rim of his priceless teacup to his lips to take a sip of his herbal tea.