20 | Contracts and Confessions

Chapter 20

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Raina McCoy was lost in her thoughts as she absent-mindedly walked into the living room. She had just returned from dropping the children off at school but that was not what bothered her. Roux Addington's words from last night still rang in her head like an annoying piece of music.

“I broke my promise to you and fell for her...”

'Fell for who?' Raina thought to herself, the exact same words she had asked him before he passed out. She did not just want to jump into conclusions about Roux seeing someone else so she just had to swallow down the piece of information – which was hard.

Roux Addington had gotten up and left very early that morning, before the sun was even out so she did not get a chance to meet with him. Last night, he looked like a broken child, devastated from their wrong actions and that was a sight she never wanted to see again. His tears affected her.

She just hoped he had forgiven her and let the events of that night slide away.

With a sigh, Raina shook her head and walked into the kitchen, expecting to be met with the sight of Caldwell Loughty cooking some meal. The sight before her had her eyes widening in surprise. Sebastian Addington was stood before the kitchen island, stuffing his mouth with snacks and the place was a mess.

The refrigerator was left open and the arrangements Caldwell Loughty had made had been disarranged. Some of the groceries that had been discarded on the floor.

After the bad appearance of Caldwell Loughty's kitchen had sunk in, Raina shot a hard glare at Sebastian Addington and he grinned sheepishly at her, " Hello, sister "

" Don't you dare ‘hello’ me, Sebastian. Why did you mess up Caldwell's kitchen? Do you know what he would do to you if he sees this?! " She snapped at him, immediately bending to pick up all the groceries and stocking them back into the refrigerator.

" Is it your time of the month, sister? " Sebastian joked and Raina looked sullen for a moment before shooting him another glare and slamming the refrigerator shut.

She folded her arms and stared at him with narrowed eyes and Sebastian gulped audibly and lifted his arms, " Fine, I apologize for messing up Caldwell's kitchen. I was just so hungry " He pouted like a toddler and Raina rolled her eyes and detached a banana from its bunch, peeling the fruit.

Taking a bite of the fruit, Raina let out a frustrated groan and slammed her head against the countertop, wincing at the pain that shot up through her skull. Roux Addington had been in her mind ever since and it annoyed her to the core.

His words from last night only fueled the need for her to think about him the more. Sebastian stared at her in confusion and slowly took the half eaten fruit from her hand, knowing she was in no mood to finish it up. He knew something was bothering her, he just did not know what it was.

" Are you alright, sis– "

" Of course not, I am not alright. Your brother is so annoying and confusing and he is making me furious. One moment, he wants this and the other moment, he wants that. One moment, he does this and the other, he does that. Can you imagine that? He invited me to tag along with him for some stupid dinner with his ',old friend’; Charlie Knight, and the annoying man kept flirting with me all along, I thought he was just being friendly and then he spilled my wine over my dress and offered to direct me to the bathroom "

" When I came out, he was there waiting for me and he wrapped his arms around me when I stumbled into him. I kept telling him to let me go and he wouldn't listen, and then Roux Addington shows up and gets mad. Can you believe he left without me and I had to return to the mansion with a cab? ", She whipped her head towards him as she paced around the kitchen.