24 | Backfired Surprises

Chapter 24

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A smile was spread on Raina McCoy's face as she knocked on Roux Addington's door. After getting permission to come in, she opened the massive doors and walked into the bedroom just as he ended his call.

"Good morning" She greeted softly as she picked his tie up from it's sprawled position on his bed and approached him.

"Good morning, love" His large arms immediately wrapped around her narrow waist as she stood before him and hung his tie around his neck, helping him to knot it.

"Are you forgetting something?" Raina asked cautiously and Roux took a moment to think before tutting and tilting her chin so she could stare up at him. His hand wasted no time in wrapping around the back of her neck as he connected his lips with hers.

Raina frowned but kissed him back and he smiled as he pulled away, slipping his sleek phone out of his pocket as he felt it buzz. "It seems Madison is here to pick you up"

"Pick me up? To where?" She frowned in confusion as she followed behind him. Roux picked up his suitcase and walked out the door in a hurry and she did her best to match his long strides.

"Shopping. Something about a girl get-together" He grabbed her hand and pulled her down the flight of stairs.

Raina was almost jogging as he pulled her behind him. Why was he in such a hurry? She was disappointed. He had forgotten what day it was and there he was pulling her out of the building.

"Have a nice day, I will see you after work" Roux said, pressing a kiss to her lips and slamming the door at her face before locking it. Raina's jaw slacked.

Did he just lock her out? She slowly stared down at her clothing and sighed. She was dressed in a simple shirt, a matching pair of sweatpants and a pair of socks. How was she supposed to go out in a pair of socks?

With a sigh, she took a step backwards and bumped into someone. Turning back, she spotted Madison Armstrong standing behind her with a wide smile. The girl sung, "Happy birthday, Raina"

She squealed as  Madison pulled her into a tight hug and squeezed the oxygen out her lungs before pulling away, " Now come on, we have a while day to shop for us both. Take it as my present from Rouxs' black card"

"But I am not even wearing shoes!" Raina fought to run back into the building and away from the shopping freak but the girl was stronger. Shopping with Madison Armstrong was like death in a pair of Christian Louboutins. Ready to seduce you but knock out all of your energy in the end.

"I have a pair of slippers in the car. Besides, we could get you a pair of shoes once we get there" Madison tugged harshly on her arm before pulling her into the backseat of the vehicle whose door had already been held open by Wilbert, Roux Addington's personal chauffeur.

With a sigh, Raina stared out through the window at the large doors, wishing Roux would unlock them and come save her. She was not asking for a kiss. She was asking for a wish. It was her birthday.

She was now twenty-four.

"Stop sulking and put on a smile. It is your big day, after all"

That was five hours ago, now the three Addington's stood in the kitchen, covered in flour while Emma Addington glared at her father. She had told him not to go all muscles on the flour packet and now Caldwell Loughty had left to avoid a heart attack at the sight of his kitchen.

Eggs, flour, yeast and vegetables which Roux Addington thought were included in cake ingredients were tossed everywhere. They had not even begun with decorating the mansion for Raina McCoy's birthday.