5 | Childhood shenanigans

Chapter 5

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was the early hours of the afternoon and the sun was already out, allotting its light and warmth to the earth. Raina clutched her book as she walked sluggishly towards the kitchen to rinse her empty mug, which was filled with a scorching cup of tea by the time she had begun with her novel.

Raina's yawn was halted halfway as soon as she stepped into the kitchen, the sight leaving her frozen in confusion. A foreign lady had her elbows propped on the kitchen island as she typed down on her phone, once in a while popping a piece of sliced fruits into her mouth. Raina was confused, she had never seen the woman before and after much internal arguments with herself, she finally took a step forward and cleared her throat.

The lady's head instantly snapped up at the noise, her hand freezing halfway from shoving the fruit into her mouth. Slowly, her sapphire eyes widened, and she let out a loud squeal which had Raina wincing.

" HOLY CRAP! YOU ARE EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN THE DESCRIPTION! " She tossed the piece of grape away carelessly before rushing up to Raina who took a step backwards in fear.

The young woman looked to be in her early twenties as her hair bounced while she hopped on her feet. She had wavy brown hair with dyed roots, and her skin was in a tanning process. She stood at least an inch shorter than Raina but, nevertheless, she was beautiful.

" Hello Raina, I am Madison. Madison Armstrong and it is a pleasure to finally meet you! " She squealed once again before pulling Raina into a tight hug, cutting off her air supply for a moment.

" Hello, I am Raina? " Raina asked softly in uncertainty. The woman seemed to already know her name, so she was not sure if she should have bothered introducing herself.

" I already know that, silly " Madison giggled before pulling Raina along with her to her former position with a wide grin. Raina did not know much about the woman pulling her along with her, but she knew the woman was an agile one, wild.

" Roux would not let me meet you. He said it was not the right time, but I know he thinks I would scare you away " Madison rolled her sapphire eyes with a scoff, " What is so wrong in me wanting to see his wife? So tell me Raina, have you and Roux..."

Raina watched as the girl pounded her fist against her flattened palm. She was confused. What was the girl trying to ask her? Seeing the confusion written clearly on Raina's face, Madison took a step back with a huff, " You know sex. Sexual intercourse. Have you and Roux done the deed yet? "

The words sank into Raina's brain in speed, and she took a step back with a mixture of embarrassment and panic, her cheeks wasting no time in heating up. Madison Armstrong had no idea about the marriage contract between them both, she probably thought their marriage was a love-based one.

" W-we have not. We c-can't do that " Raina bit hard on her lower lip in discomfort, as she looked away from the woman and Madison cooed at her innocence.

" So there is a rule in your marriage contract stating you guys cannot shag? That sucks, " Madison huffed silently as she looked away in dissatisfaction while Raina squirmed on the spot. Now she regretted leaving the sun room.

" How did you know we signed a marriage contract? "

" Girl, come on! One minute Thea leaves for surgery and the next, Roux Addington is married without the public knowing about it. No proposal, no shopping, no wedding location. And mind you, Roux is still deeply in love with Thea, so your marriage definitely has to be some sort of contract. Probably because of those two cute watermelons? " Madison pointed out, and Raina slowly nodded, assuming she was referring to Emma and Ethan Addington.