15 | Cinderella in Stilettos

Chapter 15

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Raina McCoy added an extra layer of lip gloss on her plump lips before placing the item down and moving backwards to access her body. Her outfit screamed out formal, elegant and glamorous. The floor length gown fitted through her bust and billowed out to a full skirt. The dress was a strapless and backless one, the black shimmering material clinging to her bust like a second skin.

A thin diamond necklace dangled from her neck, dipping low between her pushed-up bosoms. The dress was so tight, it almost hurt to breathe.  A bold marble and turquoise ring adorned her finger, not outshining the marriage and engagement band around her ring finger.

She finished off her look with a pair of stiletto heels and a minimal silver clutch, glistening like the stars that were already out. Taking a deep breath, she willed herself to walk away from the full length mirror and towards the door before twisting the knob and pulling the massive door open.

Her eyes widened at the sight of Roux Addington standing with a bored look just outside her room. Had he been waiting for her all along?, " Mister Addington, you're here? Sorry for keeping you waiting " She spluttered, gripping her clutch tighter as he accessed her. She also took the time to do same.

As usual, his hair was in it's usual bun. The curls had been jelled and slicked into place, not a single strand of his hair disheveled. He was dressed in a crisp, pressed dark suit with matching dress pants. A diamond rolex hung from his wrist and his cuffs were adorned with golden buttons. A new pair of diamond studs hung from his earlobes, screaming out the wealth which his appearance already gave out.

" You look breathtaking "

" As do you, Mister Addington "

A bored look was etched to Roux Addington's face as he walked around the massive ballroom with Raina McCoy clinging to him to avoid being swallowed by the crowd. This was her first ever ball. The event was thrown once in a year in honor of the wealthy and successful business men and women and Roux Addington was already used to the process.

When George Addington was still CEO of the Addington Enterprise, he would once in a while bring Roux along with him, getting his son familiar with the things he would come to meet. Here they are now.

Raina McCoy on the other hand was confounded. This was the first ever ball she had attended. A mixture of pricey perfumes attacked her nostrils, showing off their wealth, as if the ballroom did not already. The women were dressed in beautiful ball dresses, reminding her of the princesses Emma Addington would make her watch. Everything was perfect.

The walls were massive and high, adorned with swirls of gold and silver. She squinted her eyes as she stared up at the huge diamond chandeliers hanging from the pure white ceilings. The hall was stocked with seats, arranged according to status and rank. Roux Addington's table was one of the first front.

Despite everything new the ballroom threw at her, she still felt bored. Her hand was curved over Rouxs' while her other hand held up the skirt of her gown. She looked and felt like a princess. A tiara rested on her head which Roux Addington had won for her in the auction that had taken place earlier. The money would be donated to orphanages and a chain of children hospitals.

Some of the women sneered at her, their eyes speaking words of envy. The prize that was perched on her head intimidated them. It showed that she had won. She was the queen. It showed her supremacy even if she had no clue of the aura that surrounded her. Power.