9 | Just A Contract

Chapter 9

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The smile that had spread out on Raina McCoy's face left as quickly as it came and a groan escaped from her lips as the two akin monsters bounced up and down on her bed.

" Miss McCoy! Miss McCoy! Wake up! It's already morning..! " Emma Addington yelled out as she continued to bounce on the older woman's bed in glee.

Wetting her dry lips, Raina squinted her brown eyes and pulled the twins down with each of her arms. There was still a faint headache on both her temples, reminding her about the events that had taken place the last night.

For the first time ever, she had snapped at Roux Addington and now, she had the rest of her life to be cautious of his next actions.

" Good morning my little Prince and princess ", she brushed both their hairs " Why the unusual greeting? It's Saturday "

" We know Miss Addington, and that is why we came to get you down for breakfast " The little boy grinned at her.

" Breakfast? I don't think I should have breakfast with you three today " She told the children, causing a pout to form on both their faces.

" But why, Miss McCoy? " The younger twin protested and the other followed.

" Well, you see..Miss McCoy is very ill and that's why I can't have breakfast with you three, or you might get sick too "

Asides from that being the reason, her heart seemed to flip on the thought of facing Roux Addington after last night.

" No Missus McCoy, we will not go downstairs without you! " Ethan Addington whined stubbornly as he shook her.

The young boy enjoyed being fed by a woman since Thea Addington never did that and made them eat on their own with a proper etiquette. Raina McCoy gave them some sort of unexplainable independence. They felt carefree.

" Well okay then, you can stay here with me and let the fever monster eat you both. He would be here in a minute, do not say I didn't warn y- " Raina did not get to finish her statement as the children squealed and scurried out of her room causing her to snicker at how bad they fell for her false story.

'Children', she thought to herself before letting out a groan as her headache seemed to increase. That did not stop her from craving some ice coffee.

Forcing herself to climb out of the bed, Raina exited the bedroom and walked into the large closet to pick out her outfit for the day. She choose a simple pair of large sweatpants which she would wear with the hoodie she was already putting on.

Raina was not planning on exiting her bedroom today. With the help of the wall, she treaded into the bathroom like a zombie, praying for some strength to take a quick and warm shower at least.

Some minutes later, Raina McCoy walked out of the bathroom, drying her thick hair and just at the moment, Caldwell Loughty wheeled in a trolley filled with some breakfast and medicine for her.

" Caldwell! ", She called out with a mixture of surprise and excitement, " It's a pleasure to see you this morning. I hope you had a good night's rest "

The older man parked the trolley besides her bed before turning to face her, " I most certainly did, Raina. I heard from Roux that you caught a cold and he requested i bring your breakfast up to your room "

" Roux?! " Raina spluttered with wide eyes. Roux Addington had sent Caldwell up to serve her breakfast despite the disrespect she had shown him last night?