17 | Auctions and Arrangements

Chapter 17

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was a scorching morning today. Raina and Roux occupied the front seats of the SUV as he hummed a tune and tapped his finger on the steering wheel once in a while. Roux Addington was the driver of the day after giving Wilbert Walker the day off.

He wanted to spend the day with his family, take his children to school today on his own before leaving for work. Besides, he was not sick anymore and he had a certain dark skinned beauty to thank for that.

Roux parked the car before the fountain of the private school and he and Raina both got down before turning towards the backseat and opening up the door. After unstrapping the children, they both hoisted each of them and took hold of their book bag and lunch bag before approaching the school building.

" See you later, love " Roux placed a kiss on the crown of Emma Addington's head and did the same for Ethan before placing them down and slinging their bags on their shoulders.

Raina handed Emma her painting and she took it from her with a smile before scurrying off. The children were excited since today was their art exhibition. A lot of prominent figures would be visiting the school to attend their children's art auction and Emma Addington had made a painting for it already. She was a young Sebastian Addington in the making.

" Bye daddy! Bye mommy! "

Now Roux and Raina were headed for his company, Raina lowly singing along to the song playing on the radio. Roux cast her a side glance, his thumb rubbing infinite circles on the flesh of her palm as he nestled her smaller hand in his.

Once Roux reached the familiar entrance, he followed the route towards his underground parking lot and once they reached the steel made environment, he parked the car and got down, turning to help Raina McCoy get down also.

She stared at the place in awe, a few of Rouxs' backup vehicles parked around the area while Roux stared at her in amusement. She seemed to find beauty in even the unreasonable things which he would not even cast a second glance at. Raina still had no idea that he owned the place, to her Roux Addington was an employee and she was anxious in going into the building.

" Come on " Roux pulled Raina along with himself with an assuring look. A laugh threatened to break out of his throat at the look of fear and anxiety that crossed her face. She as scared he would get fired for being late and coming to work with a guest. If only she knew.

The duo headed out of the basement and walked up a flight of stairs, the security man respectfully nodding at Roux Addington as he passed by. Roux nodded his head at the man, his face stoic as he walked down the hallway. At home, he was the carefree Roux Addington but over here, he was the boss. The cold hearted and intimidating boss.

As soon as Roux stepped into the lobby, Summer Yates was immediately besides him with a scorching cup of his morning coffee. He did not want that, he wanted Raina's coffee.

" Good morning, Mister and Missus Addington " Summer greeted and Roux replied with a grunt before handing her his briefcase, adding to the extra load she held in her hands.

Roux withdrew his hand from Raina's as they approached his private elevator. His hands adjusted the cuffs of his sleeves as he pressed on a button before taking Raina's hand once again as the doors slid open, " Whatever meeting I have in the next two hours should be postponed and anyone which does not fit into my schedule should be delayed till tomorrow. However you may put it, it should not cross my working hours "