25 | A Living Hell

Chapter 25

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The silence was tense, a heavy amount of surprise, shock and confusion floated in the air. Roux Addington was frozen in place. The shock was paralyzing. Thea Addington was back, alive. She tried to pull her children into a hug, she wanted to show them that she was real and that she fought for them.

The twins were frozen in place too. Before Thea Addington could even touch them, they burst into tears. Their eyes shifted from Raina McCoy to Thea Addington. They were confused and oblivious. Their small feet immediately took them towards Raina and Thea tried to hide her hurt and shock at the action.

She had been gone for almost seven months but her children had already forgotten about her. She slowly got up from her position on her knees and pressed a tight lipped smile at Roux, her husband. She was over the moon. She survived, so she would never leave her love in the first place. She was back.

As everything sunk into Roux Addington's head, he spoke to Raina without looking away from Thea Addington. He wanted to see if she would dissappear, if it was all just a dream or his hallucination. She could not be real, " Please take the children upstairs, Raina "

Glancing between Roux and Thea Addington, Raina wordlessly nodded her head and grabbed hold of their hands before leading them up the flight of stairs.

What a birthday surprise.

Roux Addington turned numbly on his heels and walked into his home office, silently ordering Thea Addington to follow him, and she did. Once the large door was slammed shut, Roux began pacing around his office when Thea Addington pulled him into a hug from behind. When he did not turn to wrap his arms around her, she pulled away with a frown, " Baby? Are you not happy to see me? "

Roux Addington let of a frustrated groan and gripped onto his braids before walking away. This was far too much for his brain to process, " I am. I am elated but..."

" But what? " Thea Addington pressed as she took a step closer to him. His familiar musky scent immediately attacked her nostrils as she held back a smile. She had missed him deeply.

Roux Addington ran his fingers through the lines of his cornrow braids in frustration and her gaze shifted to it, " Who put your hair in that, baby? " She almost sneered. Since when did he start braiding his hair?

" Raina did but ", Roux gripped both her shoulders and looked into her eyes, " that is far from the point, Thea " He attempted to pace around again but Thea gripped onto his arm, stopping him.

" Then what is? "

" You are here. You are alive, after so long, you came back and I am glad, B-but what happens to Raina? I– "

" She leaves. " Thea Addington stated with a confused frown like it was the easiest thing ever. It might have been easy for her to mention but Roux Addington could not stand the thought of her leaving, let alone the action.

He would never let Raina go.

" Raina can not leave, Thea " He ran his fingers through his braid lines once again in frustration and Thea Addington took a step backwards in shock.

She could not believe what Roux just said. She hoped her nightmares had not come to life. She hoped Roux had not fallen in love with Raina McCoy and broken his promise to her, " Why Roux?, Why can't Raina McCoy leave? I am back, am I not? "

Roux Addington stopped pacing around and stopped to stare at his wife. She could read the look in his eyes clearly, guilt. Roux Addington could not find the way to say it. He could not bear to look at her so he turned to face the wall as he uttered his next words, " I have fallen for Raina McCoy, Thea. I am sorry I broke my promise to you but, she cannot leave now "