13 | Rouxs' Resolution

Chapter 13

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was a quiet and peaceful morning. Raina McCoy and Caldwell Loughty had worked together to prepare breakfast for the Addingtons, both the adults having a nice time while they made the meal.

" Are you sure they will love it? They do not really like when I make it for them " Caldwell Loughty had asked as he stared down at the three bowls filled with oatmeal for Roux and the twins with uncertainty.

He could admit she made the breakfast porridge better than he did but the Addington's picked out things in a finicky manner.

" Absolutely "

She had assured him about ten minutes ago and a small smile formed on her face as she saw the looks the Addingtons gave the new meal. Raina's eyes widened as she saw the twins clasp their hands together with their eyes shut and bowed their heads. They were praying like she used to. Her heart warmed at the sight and not too long after, even Roux Addington did same.

Raina then watched the twins gobble down their meal, forgetting about their daily etiquettes. They hummed in delight and swung their little legs beneath the dinner table, showing that they truly enjoyed the meal. She was content.

Feeling Rouxs' heated gaze on her, Raina turned to face him for a split second, gray and hazel orbs locking for a moment. Roux Addington did not look away and he gripped his fork tighter when Raina did after casting a glance at his bandaged head. She was ignoring him like a plague.

He deserved every bit of it.

After breakfast, Raina cleared the dishes and took them into the kitchen to wash. The dishwashers in the mansion were useless, both Raina McCoy and Caldwell Loughty preferring to do the dishes with their hands and by themselves.

Raina hummed a slow tune to herself, dipping the dish into the foamy water. As she scrubbed on the porcelain ceramic, basking in the silence of the mansion, Raina felt a tug on her shirt and looked down to see Ethan and Emma Addington grinning up at her. Her heart instantly warmed at the sight.

" Hello, you cute little royalties. Do you need anything? " She smiled back at them. Whenever she stared at them, whatever regrets she had upon coming to the Addington mansion fled. They were the reason she had agreed to this anyway.

Another reason she did was because she knew what she had gone through after her mother's death. Her heart would not just let her dismiss the opportunity to help the twins. She could not especially with the gnawing fear that they would have possibly gone through the same thing she had.

" We want to help you " Ethan Addington tilted his head to the side, his curly hair falling over his forehead. She could not wait to put them in braids again but asides that, her eyes widened splitly at the boy's statement. There was no way she was letting them do that.

" Thank you both so much but I am almost done with the dishes. Why don't you both go set up your toys so I can play with you when I am done? " Raina suggested and the children walked away without another word.

Resuming her humming, Raina's eyes stopped at the view she could get from the kitchen window. It was marvellous. The scenery had enough greenery and she could stare at it forever. Her thoughts were intruded by the sharp sounds of metal scraping granite. Turning her head towards the direction of the noise with an inaudible wince, her eyes widened once again as she saw Emma and Ethan pushing a kitchen stool each, towards her direction.

The children were not quitters. At least they had something common with Raina McCoy. Shaking her head with a small smile, Raina let them be and focused on washing the last dish. The twins stopped the larger stools besides her and got on it, kneeling on the plush cushion and grabbing a dish towel.