18 | Juggling Jealousies

Chapter 18

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Roux Addington let out harsh breaths as he paced around his office angrily. The sleek phone in his hand shook as it fought back his hard grip, trying not to snap into half. His fast paces echoing through the office walls did nothing to help the man on the other line in trying to get his heartrate to calm down.

" What do you mean I have to? Is there no other person? No other way? " He seethed and the man let out an audible gulp.

" N-no sir, this would be good for your company. I am transferring the call to Mister Knight's line now " The man said and immediately linked the both calls after ending his.

" Roux! Why so serious? Do you want to make the poor man piss his pants? He just wants the best for your company, just like I do– "

" Cut the bullshit, Charlie. Why do you want me to come over to sign just a contract? Why not my assistant " Roux ground his teeth in annoyance. Charlie Knight had something up his sleeve and Roux Addington knew that as a fact.

He had known Charlie Knight for years now. They had both graduated from  Havard together with a business degree. Their fathers had been business rivals and so were the men now. The situation was initiated by the Knights, of course.

Albeit, Roux and Charlie had never started off as rivals till Charlie Knight had tried to turn Thea Addington's mind away from him a night after she accepted his marriage proposal. The man was like the unsatisfied twin, always wanting what Roux Addington chased after.

Luckily, Thea Addington had approached him with the issue, informing him about the green snake in the green grass. From then, Roux Addington knew how cunning and dark the man was.

" Roux! Always been overdramatic and violent. Business is business and if you set your past grudges before you, you will miss mighty deals like the one I am offering " Charlie Knight chuckled through the phone while Roux stayed silent.

" Well then, I will come over to your place and we would sign the contract and get over with this– " Roux attempted to end the call but the man cut in.

" Ah! Ah! Ah! Not so fast old friend, you would not show up alone. I expect you to arrive with Raina McCoy, the beauty I have been seeing over the news. She had blessed my dreams this past few weeks and so why miss the opportunity? "

" If that is the case then I would suggest you forget about the deal– "

" With my new wine and alcohol collection supplied at massive discounts to your restaurants and hotels, it would catch the eye of your customers and you know that. In return you would do me the honor of advertising and sponsoring my latest launch and I agreed to gain only a percentage of twenty. Tell me now old friend,  how many clients are willing to accept such a cheap price in return? Saveur Rouge is not a frugal product and you know that "

Roux Addington stayed silent for a moment. The deal Charlie Knight was proposing was a serviceable and utilitarian one for him and as the other man stated, he could not let his grudges get in the way of this deal. What Charlie Knight was offering was far too enticing for him not to accept.

A single bottle of the new Saveur Rouge product had vastly become a consumer favourite but Charlie Knight needed Roux Addington to sponsor the product. He was aware that Rouxs' chain of hotels and restaurants were top class and one of the most visited all over Europe, North and South America, continuously patronized by top celebrities, politicians and other prominent figures worldwide. He needed his product to spread.