6 | Fabricated Fables

Chapter 6

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was the early hours of the afternoon. The twins were busy at school and the mansion was clean. The afternoon sun was out, the canvas of the sky brushed with hues of pink, blue and white tint.

Raina McCoy once again; had nothing to do and so her nose was stuck between the pages of a new book – as usual. She hated having nothing to do, sitting at home like a jobless housewife, which –in a way– she was.

Asides baking and cooking, she had always wished to write a book of her own. Stories were seen in different ways by different people. To someone else, it could just be a work of fiction but to Raina, writing was a world. A world which she had to create on her own.

She loved the thrill of naming her characters, making them however she wished. Giving them flaws and perfection. She had never been to college and had to drop out on her last year of highschool, but she was still as educated as a graduate.

Raina flipped to the next page of her book, snuggled into the covers of her soft and comfortable bed. She then jumped in fright as the door was slammed open. Her eyes widened a bit as Roux Addington walked into her room with a trail of unknown young women.

Never had she seen him in a disheveled or unkempt manner. His hair, his outfit, his shoes, they made it seem like the job he had was easy, but everyday he walked through those front doors looking the same way he had when he left, he silently showed everyone his victory. He was victorious in not letting his job swallow him whole.

Raina placed down her book and slowly got to her feet in confusion. Roux Addington was an unpredictable being who did unexpected things like this one, " Mister Addington? Is everything alright? "

The unknown girls frowned a bit at how she addressed him before recollecting themselves. Why their boss' wife called out to him formally was none of their business. They were just there to do their job and get paid.

" Yes it is. These used to be Thea's stylists and they are here for your testing " Roux Addington gestured at the four females and they waved at Raina McCoy who still looked confused.

" Testing? What testing? "

" The news came in while I was at work that we have both been invited for an interview with Hollie Payne in the next "  He stared down at the time on the Rolex adorning his wrist, " Four hours "

Roux Addington was not a stranger to getting interview requests, neither was he a stranger to turning them down but this one was important.

Raina's face paled. Interview? They wanted to interview her? She was silently freaking out and her breaths had begun coming out shortly, " I-interview? I- why? W- "

Roux Addington placed his hand on Raina's shoulder to calm her down, his hand onpassing heat to her bare shoulder. This was as a result of the large shirt she wore which fell off one side of her shoulder, " Calm down, Raina. I would have rejected the offer if it was not important  "

Her cheeks immediately heated up and Roux instantly withdrew his hand, taking a step backwards before turning to face the girls, " You four can begin "

The girls nodded in unison as they brought out their equipments from their bags rummaging through them. Two of the girls wheeled a large number of dressed mannequins into the room and Raina blushed harder as Roux Addington sat on her bedroom couch.

Did he want to stay there while she tried on different outfits? Raina thought to herself.

" Uh..Mister Addington? " Raina stared down at her fingers shyly as she fiddled with them. He grunted for her to continue, " You're staying h-here? "