𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖳𝗐𝗈: 𝖢𝗁𝗋𝗂𝗌 𝖡𝗋𝗈𝗐𝗇

𝖢𝗁𝗋𝗂𝗌 𝖡𝗋𝗈𝗐𝗇

Chris walked inside of his house immediately hearing pots and pans clashing against each other

Chris walked inside of his house immediately hearing pots and pans clashing against each other. A small patter of feet increased in volume, as they headed towards him, and not long after his daughter was in his plain view.

Royalty screamed in happiness. "Daddy!"

He laughed softly, dropping his bag to lift her up. He showered her little face in the sweetest of kisses while marveling in her pure happiness. He wasn't expecting to see her today after work but he wasn't complaining. That explained why he heard pans coming from the kitchen.

"Whatchu doin' here princess?" He asked anyway, forgetting about his bag, and walking towards his kitchen. "I wasn't supposed to see you until Friday."

"Mommy wanted to drop me off early!"

"Why?"

As he entered the kitchen, the smell of freshly baked meatloaf and dinner rolls filled his nostrils. At least he was coming home to a home cooked meal... although it was temporary.

His baby mother, Kyrie, waltzed around his kitchen, grabbing plates, glasses, and utensils to place on the table. Unbeknowst to her, Chris was standing in the doorway shaking his head.

She only cooked when she needed something. In this case, she needed him to watch their daughter while she went out of town again. Why she had to ask? He had no idea, but he wished she stopped.

He sat Royalty down to her feet, letting her run back to her playroom before he joined Kyrie in the kitchen. He managed to creep behind her, sitting his hands on her hips.

"Shit!" She gasped but laughed soon after. "You scared me!"

"Barely."He placed a kiss on her cheek. "What are you doin in my kitchen... burning up shit?"

"You tried it!" Kyrie picked up a plate. "You love my food."

"Because I have to, not because I do."

He laughed and dodged her attempted hits, before he took a seat at the counter. She finished plating the food a few minutes later and called Royalty in to eat.

Once they had their plates, they sat at the counter together, said their grace with Royalty leading the prayer, and dug in after saying amen. It was the little things, such as this, that Chris enjoyed. Even if he and Kyrie were never getting back together, they loved spending time together as co parents.

"So how was school, Ro?"

"It was fun. I made a painting today."

Kyrie hummed in surprise. "You didn't bring a painting home, princess. Where is it?"

She carefully took a sip from her cup of juice, holding the glass with both hands. After sitting the glass down, she said, "Oh, Ms. Harley took it! It was still wet so she told me to leave it with her so it can dry, and so I wouldn't lose it on the playground during recess!"