Chapter 35

"Stefan's eyes won't move from you", Leo declares suddenly.

I follow his gaze and find him really staring at me. He winks when he catches my gaze.

"Man he's whipped!", Leo adds while sipping his drink.

I blush and look away. After our hug, we went to look for Liam. He was ecstatic when he saw us as always. Stefan took him immediately and since then he kept his son with him and now watching both of them from a little distance literally makes me want to go and hug them.

But I'm letting him mingle with his friends and family even though he looks like he would rather be with me. I know his eyes has been on me for a long time.

"Jess", Leo's voice breaks me away from my thoughts. "Does he know that we have been working for him two years ago?"

"No and I pray to God it remains like this", I say and cringe. "I don't want him remembering anything. I don't want him to know that it was me Leo. Do you remember how cringy I was with my chubby cheeks?"

"I beg to differ. Girl you were cute with them", he scolds me. "Only an asshole would said otherwise."

"Stefan had called me ugly", I recall.

"He was a bitch back then", Leo glares at him. "And now look at him. Both father and son are smitten by you."

I veer my gaze towards them and this time, I find both of them looking at me. Liam is smiling happily as always.

"You are the girlfriend now", he teases me making me go crimson again. "I'm so happy for you Jess. Oh god! I might actually cry"

He wipes his non-existent tears and sniff. I laugh at his dramatic manner.

"Thank you bestie", I hook my arm around his arm.

"You manifested this man", Leo continues. "And it realized with a baby. Your little crush became true."

"Leo", I groan. "I didn't do anything. Never in my wildest dream, I thought I would ever be Stefan's girlfriend."

My eyes search for Stefan again and this time he is walking towards us with Liam in his arms. The sight is breathtaking for real. Men in suit just hit different and on top of that, he is carrying a baby.

When did I actually get this lucky?

"Hey", he smiles once he reaches closer.

"Hey", I grin back.

"Come here Liam", Leo exclaims and takes him from Stefan. The little guy laughs when he extends his arms towards him. He hugs Leo back while looking at me. My heart melts.

"I'm taking him for a walk", Leo says to Stefan.

"Don't take too long", Stefan says and checks his wrist watch. "We'll be leaving in a few. Liam needs to sleep."

Leo walks away with Liam and Stefan instantly places his hands on my hips. I look up and give him a smile.

"Did I mention that you look handsome?", I say.

"I recall you humbled me quickly when I came in your room with Liam earlier", he replies, his eyes twinkling under the lights.

"Someone has to keep you in check", I tease him. "Or else your god complex might get worse."

"Come on", he smirks. "You know I'm hot. You just don't want to accept it."

I'm about to speak when Cara calls him. Rolling my eyes internally, I look at her.

"Stefan would you like to dance?", she asks in a hopeful voice.

"I'm sorry Cara", he says. "I don't want to leave Jess alone. Just ask someone else."