Chapter 25

Another update yayyyy!

Let me know what you think about this chapter! Much love to all of you xoxo

For the next few days, everything goes well between Stefan and I. He's back to his flirting self but I try maintaining my distance with him and I think he has noticed it as well because since yesterday, he's a little bit quiet around me. Ana is still pestering him. Apparently, she really wants to be back with Stefan and Liam. I don't like the thought of them with her at all. But she's Liam's mother, so whether I like it or not, she has her rights.

"Stop calling me", I hear Stefan snapping suddenly. He cuts the call and throws his phone on the couch angrily while he struggles to remove his tie.

"Can you help me with this?", he asks suddenly.

I look at him. He never needed help for his tie before. Why is he struggling with it today? I approach him slowly and when I'm closer, I realize he looks frustrated and tired.

"Is everything alright?", I ask as I proceed to remove his tie.

No responce.

I lift my head to look at him and there he is. Staring intently again.

"Did I do something?", he asks instead.

"No"

"Then why are you being so distant with me?", he said in an accusing tone.

"I'm not", I laugh nervously. I'm just trying to protect my heart by not giving it any false hope.

"There it's done", I say and hold his tie in my hand. He's about to speak again when his phone starts ringing again. He starts cursing under his breath.

"Language Black", I scold him. "There's a baby in this house."

"I'm sorry."

"Is it Ana again?", I ask.

"Yes", he mutters tiredly. "Guess I have to change my number again."

"Just block her", I suggest.

"No use", he adds while getting a drink for himself. "I tried it but she keeps using different numbers."

Desperate much! Guess she really wants to be with them and I really hope her intentions are good but knowing her, my intuition is telling me not to trust her.

"Why don't you meet her once and see what she really wants?", I suggest.

Stefan glares at me with disbelief.

"You really want me to meet her?! She's just going to beg for another chance because that's what she's been doing for the past couple days."

"Maybe she really want to see Liam."

"I told you as long as I'm here, she can't see my son."

"But she's his mother", I add. "Atleast just for once...."

Before I can even finish my sentence, Stefan walks angrily towards me and holds my forearm in a tight grip.

"What is wrong with you?", he demands, his eyes blazing with anger. "Why are you taking her side so much? I know her better than you and like always this time her motive is money as well."

"I'm not defending her", I murmur. "I just want you and Liam to be happy."

"Jess", he sighs and leans his forehead against mine. "We can't be happy with her. She's too selfish and I can't trust her with Liam. She will hurt my baby."