Chapter 14

The next few days pass surprisingly really well. Stefan is actually keeping his word. He is really behaving civilly as he had mentioned. He actually talks politely with me now and he doesn't even ignore Liam even if he is with me.

Stefan did try to convince me to stop buying my own groceries but I refused. It's fun to buy my own food. Besides my salary is good enough for me to buy my own food. At least I get to choose what I want to buy and also I get to buy candy as well.

Currently Liam is with his father in the gym so I just decide to complete some assignments before checking on him. He needs to eat.

After finishing my work, I walk in the gym and smile at the sight. Stefan is running around Liam's stroller. He's shrieking with laughter loudly.

He is shirtless and wearing only a sweatpants. My mouth literally goes dry at the sight. His abs are absolutely drool worthy. He actually have a tattoo now. Two years ago, I don't think, he had any.

Oh my goodness! I can't tear my gaze away!

I'm being such a creep right now but who cares. A girl's gotta to do what a girl's gotta do.

I watch as his biceps flexes as he puts his arms on both sides of Liam's stroller and bends to give him a kiss on his head. Liam bounces up joyously when he sees his father start running again.

Suddenly he stops behind the stroller and Liam keeps looking around in wonder.

"Boooo", Stefan pops his head in front of him and he shrieks again. He is bouncing with excitement in his seat. Stefan laughs and taking Liam's face in his palm, he showers kisses on his face.

"I love you so much!", he says in between kisses. "But I know you love Jess more, not me."

Stifling a laugh, I continue watching them. They look so cute. Liam is gurgling in his baby language and Stefan is making as if he understands him.

"But I can't really blame you little guy", he says and adjusts his cap on his head.
My eyebrows lift automatically at his words and I wait for him to continue but at the same time, Liam gaze fall on me and he flails his chubby arms happily in my direction. Stefan turns his head towards me and suddenly I feel a warm feeling creeping in my cheeks.

"Err... I came to get Liam", I start saying. Why am I feeling nervous so suddenly?!

"It's time for his milk."

Stefan gets up from his sitting position and smirks.

"Come and get him", he says.

I walk towards them and all the while I try to keep my eyes off him. I keep my attention solely on Liam. He's so happy to see me.

"I'm so happy to see you too baby", I coo gently and take him in my arm. He giggles and gives me a sloppy smooch. I give him a kiss as well and he giggles.

"I wish I could get one", Stefan whispers in my ear from behind. My eyes widen and I turn my head slowly to look at him.

"What?!", I murmur. Stefan gives me a crooked smile and leans forward slightly.

I hug Liam more tightly when I feel my cheeks heating up again. Stefan have been behaving weirdly since a few days. When I had first came here, he didn't seem to like me and now he is all smiling and stuff.

"I said I wish I could get one kiss", he says huskily and drops his eyes in my lips.

Is he fuckin around with me?!

If yes! It's working. I'm just dumb!

My face goes crimson. What is wrong with him?!

"You stink!", I blurt nervously.