Chapter 45

"Mama"

My head turns so quickly when I hear Liam's voice, I could get a whiplash. He starts smiling and crying happily and without wasting a second, he throws himself on me.

"Liam", I murmur and hug him tightly while he wraps his arms happily around my neck.

I inhale his scent deeply and hold back tears. I have missed him so much. His little soft and warm body calms my heart immensely.

"Stefan", I hear Ciara's voice and stiffens. "What are you doing here?"

"You told me to come here to get some stuff from your car", he says and fixes her with an intense gaze. "Did you forget?"

"Er", Ciara stutters. "Of course I remember. Yeah there's some stuff in my back. You can take it. Let me get them."

I find myself tensing more, when Ciara leaves me with Stefan. I keep my gaze solely on Liam but the whole time I can feel his eyes on me. Why is he still doing here?

"Jess", he starts saying but turning around, I try to place Liam back in his arms but the little guy won't let go of me.

"Please baby", I plead. "I need to go."

"Mama", he cries and holds my dress tightly in his little fists.

"It's okay", he says in a low voice. "You can take him home with you."

My hold tightens on Liam instantly and without saying anything, I pull him back to my chest and leave him standing there. Liam instantly hugs me back but his eyes remain on Stefan while we walk away from him. We better leave before he changes his mind.

"Jess", Ciara says when she appears in front of me. "What is Liam doing with you? And where is Stefan?"

I look back but he is nowhere to be found. He is already gone.

"He told me that I can take Liam home", I say.

"That's weird", she murmurs. "But I'm glad Liam is finally here with you. He missed you too."

I missed him too. I place a kiss on his head while he lays quietly in my arms. His hands are still curled into little fists, gripping my dress as tightly as he can as if he is afraid I'll let go of him.

"Jess", Leo exclaims when sees me. "I have been looking for you. Oh my God! How did Liam got here? Is that son of a bitch here?!"

He starts looking around angrily but I hold his arm. "He is gone Leo. He told me I can bring Liam with me."

"Of course he would", Leo frowns. "Liam clearly looks like he don't want to stay with him. His daddy is stupid."

"I'm leaving Leo", I declare. "Have a great dinner with your parents."

"Are you sure you don't want to accompany us?", he asks with a slight frown. "I don't want you to stay alone today."

"I'm not", I pat Liam's back affectionately. "I have Liam."

"And we are going to my place to celebrate", Ciara chimes in while hooking her arm through mine.

"I will try to leave as soon as possible", Leo assures me. "My parents are leaving soon and that's why I couldn't refused them but I promise I'll be there soon."

"Leo don't rush it", I give his hand a little squeeze. "Take your time and cherish each moment with your parents. Your father just got well. Don't leave them for me. Just enjoy yourselves."

"I will", he nods with a smile and kisses my cheek. "Love you. See you later Liam. You better keep the booze ready for later C."

"For sure", she sends him a flying kiss. "Jess, I already took your bag which has your clothes with me. It's in the car."