Chapter 37

I snuggle closer into the warmth in the morning and scrunch up my face when I start feeling kisses everywhere on my skin. A pair of strong arms tighten around me. Am I dreaming of Stefan?

I miss him so much. I just want to hug and kiss him. I pucker my lips, hoping he'll kiss me in my dream. I hear a chuckle and feel a warm lips on mine. I open my eyes and gasp slightly.

"Stefan", I murmur and poke his cheek. "You are really here!"

I throw myself on him and wrap my legs tightly around his waist.

"I'm really here baby", he laughs and kisses my hair.

"I thought you were going to return tomorrow", I say and smack his chest lightly. "You didn't even told me you were coming back on the phone yesterday."

"I wanted to surprise you", he claims, and his face softens when I lift my face to look at him. "I was missing you and Liam. So I tried to finish work in two days."

"We missed you too", I say and kiss the tip of nose. I look around, searching for Liam.

"Where is Liam?"

"Still sleeping in his crib", he replies and tucks my hair behind my ear. "I returned around midnight and took him back in the nursery."

"Okay", I lay my head back on his chest. "You still should have told me you are coming back. I could have made something for you to eat. Did you ate?"

"I did ate on the plane", he replies.

"Cara came to meet Liam yesterday night", I say after a while.

"Everything's okay?"

"Yeah", I drawl. "But something seems off about her. I don't know what. She was telling me she loved you since high school and she just wants you to be happy. And yes she definitely came to see you even though she lied about it."

"Actually my mother told me she used to like me since a long time", Stefan starts saying while rubbing my back. "Back when I was in high school, Cara was always the quiet and shy type of girl and me on the other hand..... Well we were different. Despite that, we were friends back then and I never saw her more than that. I never even realised that she has a thing for me. Even my mum tried to make us date but I couldn't do it. We got along just as good friends."

Was Stefan her first love? Maybe that's why it is so hard for her to move on.

"I assure you Jess, there was never anything going on between us", he keeps going on. "I didn't even knew she was coming yesterday....."

I place my lips on his preventing him to continue.

"I know", I say. "You don't need to explain yourself. I trust you with my whole heart."

"Let's just forget about her okay", he murmurs in a husky voice against my mouth.

"Okay", I agree and kiss him again.

He turns us around with him hovering over me and that's when I realize. My eyes widen and I place my hands over my mouth, blocking my lips.

"Morning breath!"

"I don't care", he laughs but I do care about mine.

I try to push him off me but he does not budge. Instead his slips his hands under my shirt and he starts tickling me.

"Stop", I laugh as I thrash under him.

"Kiss me first", he grins. He is definitely enjoying seeing me writhing, underneath him like this.

I lift my head and without any care about anything, I kiss him. His hands move and he pins my hands besides us.

"Jess", he murmurs after a while. "Will you go on a date with me?"