Mason Mayhem

Back at the team convey, a scream was heard coming from one of the trailers, inside was a weapons expert, Lloyd Arrow screaming in the driver seat, holding a steering wheel fearfully and paranoid. His screams also annoyed his girlfriend, a tech expert named Hope Newman lying on his bed, angering her when she was browsing on her tablet.

"Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!" screamed Lloyd, terrified.

Before he was the paranoid person he used to be, Lloyd was once an optimistic little boy living together with his father who was a former soldier and his mother was a seemingly normal beautiful woman named Lily until one day, a vampire attacks her, killing and drains all of her blood, causing him to get traumatic and paranoid. Years later, Lloyd was still paranoid over the loss of his mother to his fear of vampires and he still going about his survival and organization every day.

"Oh please, I just wanted to get a relaxation and you are always afraid of happy things!" grumped Hope, rolling her eyes grumpily. At the door, Scott was outside and he came to visit the Hunters, he walked toward and gets inside before he looks at Hope doing her tablet.

"Hey Hope, what are doing?" asked Scott.

"It's Lloyd screaming again. It all happens when his mom was murdered by a vampire and now he suffers once more. I hope I never wanted to hear about his craziness," explained Hope, turning her eyes straight at the still screaming Lloyd, but it turned out that he saw a small bat appears in the windshield staring at Lloyd before it flies away, making him calm down.

"Phew... I hope I don't like vampire bats." nervous Lloyd.

"Lloyd, you better stop screaming like a paranoid maniac, your dad tried his best to calm you down but you didn't," said Hope, facepalm on her face. Annabelle enters the RV with a bag of Eye of Providence-esque magic mushrooms with white stems.

"Hey, guess what, I was able to help your roommate cure his paranoia and cope with his mother's death," said Annabelle.

"What! What is it?" asked Scott, curiously.

"It is called Mason Mushroom, it helps cure the paranoid easily and instantly," said Annabelle, she places her hand in her pocket and pulls out a Mason Mushroom potion and a spoon in her other hand. She pours her potion onto the spoon fully and tried to get Lloyd the taste of her medicine.

"Ewww, what's that." disgusted Lloyd, thinking the potion is poison to him.

"Don't be a baby, it's potion time," said Annabelle.

"No thanks," said Lloyd, refusing to drink a potion from Annabelle and walking away in fear.

"What!" shocked Hope, seeing that Lloyd didn't drink the potion anymore and she was disappointed that she couldn't have him as her boyfriend.

"Great! Now, what." grumped Scott.

"I can." the medic Ben Shepherd's voice was heard ad he appears behind Scott who turns around and sees him.

"Hi Ben, we need your help now." pleaded Scott, asking Ben to assist him and Annabelle.

"Of course." agreed Ben, he was a plate with a cup of tea that was Lloyd's one comfort food and drink and Annabelle pours her potions onto the tea.

"Lloyd, Uncle Ben got a tea for you," called Scott, drawing Lloyd's attention, he walked back inside the RV and take a cup of tea, drinking it whole and he sighs.

"Thanks, Uncle Ben, I feel great." agreed Lloyd's, suddenly he felt calm and dopey thus he become calmer he was, "Wow, Ben, what is that," he asked.

"Well, Annabelle puts-" Ben tried to explain about the tea contaminated by Annabelle's potion only to be shushed by her covering his mouth with her right hand.

"Shhh!" shushed Annabelle, avoiding her attempts to calm Lloyd down, her finger was placed on her lips while shushes Ben, telling him not to explain the truth about the Mason Mushroom potion.

"Ben, everything alright?" inquired Lloyd, confused.

"Uh, nothing," replied Ben, moving Annabelle's hand off of his mouth.

"Okay." excited Lloyd, he calmly marches out of the RV in full confidence while Ben was confused about Lloyd finally changing.

"Well, that was easy for him he was." confused Ben, Hope was shocked that she realized that Lloyd has forgotten about his schedule; he must protect the environmentalists from a moth-supernatural creature, Mothman.

"Yikes, without his determination and paranoia, he wasn't able to ward off the Mothman for sure." worried Hope.

"What!" shocked Ben, Scott, and Annabelle, hearing that Hope was terrified that Lloyd has been lost his determination which came from his paranoia.

"Without the determination and paranoia, he was able to save everyone from Mothman!" explained Hope, telling Ben and Annabelle that those people were in grave danger if Lloyd wasn't there for her due to him being calm. "Well there is no time to lose hope, we have to get his paranoia first. Otherwise, they will be in danger for good!"

At the same, in the forest where the environment activists were ambushed by several cryptids such as Mothman, Loveland frog, Jersey Devil, Batsquatch, and Spring-Heeled Jack but Lloyd still calmed and relaxed, playing his guitar just as Annabelle, Ben, Hope, and Scott arrive at the forest and the two begin to fight them all one by one but they are too many of them while Scott goes to Lloyd for help.

"Lloyd! You need to snap out!" screamed Scott, panicked.

"Lloyd, I need to get up and save her from the monster she was scared of!" called Ben, scared.

"Lloyd, I'm very sorry for calming you down, the truth is; I was the one putting a potion onto the tea Ben gave to you!" explained Annabelle she was about to spill her truth to Lloyd, but his relaxation and calmness were both wears off as he turned himself back to his paranoid state.

"What!" shocked Lloyd, he suddenly hears his girlfriend screaming when she was caught by Mothman carrying her. Furiously he took out his rifle from his shoulder and shoots all of the cryptids screaming in rage, killing them all one by one while saving everyone who cheered for him. At last, he manages to shoot the Mothman in the chest, forcing it to release Hope drops off of him and he catches her in his arms.

"Phew, that was a close one." relieved Scott, wiping his forehead in relief.

"Well, there potions for everybody!" announced Annabelle, pulling out a box of Mason Mushroom potions and the activists run to buy them while leaving her some money to pay with kindness.

"Lloyd! You did it!" cheered Scott.

"It's fine." chuckled Lloyd, "I know I thank Annabelle for being my therapist the whole time."

"Lloyd, you did it!" cheered Hope, she leaned toward Lloyd's cheek and kisses him passionately.

"Yep, that's what I hear for." chuckled Scott.