Chapter 2 { Trusted Friend }

Release: Nov 6, 2021

Aethers pov

Just like in the past I meet the Monstadt outrider Amber and even see Dvalin. This fucking dragon I will kill him soon.

But first, I need my powers back. My journey won't be like in the past when they make me do their chores in reward of a small amount of mora. This time I know what to do. It's time for me to tell Paimon who I am.

No one's pov

"Traveler I'm still hungry! Give me more!! I want more!!" She cried as she thought of something.

"Ah, maybe we could visit grandmaster Jean and look for another commission like we did last time! We can earn more mora that way!" She shouted and Aether sighed and remembered how we get into another batman problem and even rescue Monstadt from its destruction from Dvalin.

Aether hates Dvalin and Archon but that doesn't mean that he will just watch the citizen get hurt. He is not like those who will kill people for their own sake or if they ever see them as a threat.

Aether gritted his teeth and clenched his fist hard as he remembers the bard's face who order him to help him subdue Dvalin. "If I have my powers then I will kill him on the spot...but..for now, I'll play with them until I get powers back," he thought and look at Paimon who was looking scared the whole time.

"Paimon?"

"That's better you look scary earlier" he tilted his head and Paimon talked about food once again.

~~~

"Wine is soo delicious!" The drunkard said as he steal another wine again. "I wonder what the traveler is doing right now" Thinking of him suddenly he heard a voice coming from the woods. He uses his sneaky skill to look.

He knows that eavesdropping is bad but he can't do anything but feel curious about what's out there so he looks. No one can see him, after all, he is the God of wind. When he got there he is shocked at what he saw. "Traveler... what're those?" He thought as he hid in the tree and sneakily observed him.

Aether is mediating in the middle of the forest and a huge amount of golden energy is rotating around him almost covering him and the bard is thinking about what even was. "Wow...I didn't know travelers have this power. But, it feels strange. This power is not a vision" he thought sensing how strong it was.

"It seems that he is from another world who get trapped here," Barbatos thought as he decided to hide and look for more.

Suddenly the tree that Barbatos is hiding gets slashed into several pieces. "KAAK!" Barbatos yelled like a woman. "Who's there!" Aether shouted and turned around as he saw Barbatos flying in the air.

"Venti?"

"You almost kill me traveler" he landed on the ground. The golden whip is so fast. If he didn't react on time then he would be sliced in half.

"Sorry, I thought someone is sneaking again to, y'know the treasure hoarders?" he reasoned and Venti nodded.

"Aether aether!" Paimon shouted and fly to him.

"Paimon?" Venti asked as Paimon shut her mouth.

"Oh it's nothing," she replied as Venti sensed the awkwardness and sighed.  "I have something to finish so...bye," Venti flew in the air.

Only the two of them are here alone. Paimon is sad at what the traveler experience. "Don't worry about it Paimon, you can forget it"

"No! Paimon won't forget it no matter what! Thanks for trusting me Aether! Don't worry I will always be your guide. I'll help you!" Paimon shouted as he smiled.

"You won't ask any question about it? What I told you is impossible." He asked.

"No, I trust you also I already have this hunch about you. Y'know everything. Even though you are new to this world, y'know what's the use of foods, mechanisms, and even the teleportation devices without me telling you so I'm sure you are telling the truth!" She said

"Haha I thought you just an emergency food but I'm surprised that you can also use your brain" he sarcastically said. "HEY!" she pouted

Aether grabs Paimon hand and suddenly both of them disappeared in a blink of an eye teleporting to the highest peak of the Mondstadt mountains.

"The Monstadt is big, the people are living happily. Tell me Paimon...will you hate me if I hurt them and take this kind of freedom away from them?" He looks at her...

"Yes...I will hate you, but I know you won't do it even though Barbatos the archon of wind who killed many people is now in front of you, you didn't hate his citizen and even his city. So I'm sure that you won't harm them"

"I see...my powers as of now are just only a fraction of my real ones. I still don't have the strength to fight and beat them. The path that I will take is a thorny one, anger, lies, blood...a lot of painful things will be done for the sake of my goal."

"Paimon...will you accompany me on my journey?" The wind blows hard as both of them stared at each other.

"Yes...I will always accompany, wherever you go Aether," for the first time in his life. Paimon answered him without goofing around.

To be continue